Skip to content

Suggestion/Feedback on my 2 parties

Hello!

I finally plan to play with this fantastic enhanced edition, so I decided to use only the very minimal mods which I found vital in the past (BG2 Tweaks, ATweaks, and only some minor only technical mods for example paniced characters dont drop their weapons, imprisonment fix and etc and some elements from SCS but not the tougher ones) so basically I am planning to play pretty vannila style. I have been reading many party compositions in this forum so I decided to ask you if you have any suggestions. Basically I want a good party and an evil party, altough the good one is the one I ll definetely play it through. I wouldnt call myself veteran player, nor a typical powergamer, nor an adnd expert, but when I finished the old BG2 I used some pretty well-known and cheesy weapon choices nd exploits.

What do you think of this good composition?
Charname (inquisitor) - stereotypical goody guy, altough with some aggressive teint from his heritage huhh how creative (I just want to use that Carsomyr and I never played the paladin stronghold quests)
Minsc - using Carsomyr, later the Silver Sword and ultimately he ll be swapped for some other 2handed guy but until that his strength and idiotism will be fine
Anomen - Cleric for the party, he ll use Flaif of Ages or Crom Faeyr (no two weapons, he likes the shields)
Neera - She ll be Charnames lover, and I want to try new content in EE (I red her storyline is pretty difficult, many mage-oriented combat so charname ll be useful)
Valygar - Scout and two weapon user, katanas and axes mainly
Yoshimo->Imoen - I usually play with Nalia but now i want to play with my old friend

Comments

• doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    If you want to try the new content you may want to skip Minsc (yes I know blasphemy) or Valygar for Rasaad. You don't really need two rangers.

You could just wait for Rasaad for your second play through. With a different party set up as well. And with a female charname to try his romance too.

For the evil one you will have the first possibility to go all evil without those pesky neutrals. Hey they even gave you a thief so you can choose whatever career for your charname.

But to make the most fun try to mix the alignments or bring PC's you never use or really dislike. I'm planning a dislike run for my next one.
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Nheil said:

Minsc - using Carsomyr, later the Silver Sword and ultimately he ll be swapped for some other 2handed guy but until that his strength and idiotism will be fine

You probably meant Lilarcor?

But the party looks good. Something I could play myself as well. You don't "need" the PC to be an Inquisitor with this group, you have plenty of dispelling power with 2 mages+a cleric. You might consider other paladin-kits as well.
  • NheilNheil Member Posts: 9
    Yes, i messed up, I meant Lilarcor of course :-)

I have been already thinking about Rasaad. Its not that I am really fond of Minsc, but I think he is the best replacable character to the mighty xxxxxx and he even uses the same weapon style so I like that continuity even that it is silly. As for Valygar, he is the only scout of the group and I never had a two weapon fighter in none of my party (i said i was not that grerat powergamer) and now i really want to have one, and besides I just like his minimalistic and peaceful style too. But still I ll have a hard time to add or not Rasaad to the band!