Skip to content

Abazigal fight troubles

So its been a minute since i have talked to everyone but i made it to throne of bhaal and im fighting abazigal and he owns my entire party please help heres my current party Me Illutionist level 21 thief 24
Cernd Shapeshifter level 23
Anomen Fighter level 7 cleric level 24 (lawful Good)
Nalia Thief level 4 Mage level 22
Minsc ranger level 23
Neera Wild mage level 21

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    judging by your levels, you have very low experience, usually when I get to abizigal I am around 6 million, looks like you are just under 3.5 million, have you finished sendai's enclave? and watchers keep? if not, I would suggest going to those 2 areas first and finishing them off for the items you get/ xp you will earn ( abizigal's enclave is considered to be harder than sendai's) but if that isn't the case, then here is what I would suggest

abizigal can't miss ( unless he rolls a one) so don't worry about AC with him, in fact if you can try and use some trickery, for example get nalia, neera, or your char up in close with him in melee combat with some protection from magical weapons/ absolute immunity and also have stoneskin and mirror image up ( and mayhaps a fire shield red/ fireshield blue up as well just for the extra kick in the pants)

now if done so correctly, he will go after your meleeing mage not doing any damage and then you can have your fighter guys ( by the looks of it; minsc, anomen, cernd) attack him as fast as possible ( greater whirlwinds for minsc and improved haste for anomen and cernd, make sure anomen has draw upon holy might and righteous magic cast because that will give him 25 str and he will deal max damage)

now after you kill him in human form, he is going to turn into a dragon, and he breathes electricity so having the spell protection from electricity cast on everyone before hand is a must ( although if im not mistaken he will dispel it on one of your party members so if you can get a potioin of absorbtion on hand for that then you should be good) and after casting some protection spells and using his breath weapon he will be like any other dragon and start meleeing you

and same thing as you did before in his human form, if you can get one of your mages juiced up with some protection from magical weapons/ absolute immunity with stoneskin and mirror image ( the stone skin and mirror images are for when your protection from weapon spells run out, it gives you a window to get them cast again) and hopefully do the same thing, having him attack your mage, while your improved hasted/ whirlwind melee guys pummel him,

also, if you have potion of superior healing, make sure to use those, they are a crap load faster than trying to cast heal spells, and they heal 40 hp which can be quite substantial and also the nano second you drink a potion you can go right back to attacking ( although you have to wait a round before you can drink another one, so don't have your guys sitting idle)

also keep in mind if you want to blast his dragon form with some spells you will have to cast mayhaps a couple ruby ray of reversals and a breach spell ( the ruby rays will help bring down the defences for magical attacks, and the breach will help bring down his defences for physical attacks)

and if you have the space left cast those level 9 wish spells ( make sure your wis is 18 for the best results - you can get that with potions of insight, the temple in amkethran has 10 I believe - ) sometimes you can get some wicked results like 25 to all stats for 4 rounds, double timestop improved alacrity spell ( which actually puts your spell casting time to 1 - NOT ERASING THE TIME CAST BETWEEN SPELLS - so if cast improved alacrity first, you can start emptying your spell book with well pause/unpause timing) and you can get results of have your entire party healed and rested up and regain all spells like you rested for 8 hours, that's a good one as well

so hopefully that helps, other than that I would say, go finish everything else in the game first ( watcher's keep, sendai's enclave, amkethran quests, pocket plane battles, ect...) before you take on abizigal if you can or haven't done so, those little extra items and xp can make the battle easier, and make sure to visit the arcana archives in amkethran to stock up on some spells like absolutely immunity, wish, protection from magical weapons, improved haste, fire shield red and blue, chain contingency, contingency and so on ( abidalzim's horrid wilting for nalia and neera if you haven't done so already - that is a great spell to pelt his dragon form with after lowering his magic resistance, which is 55% - )
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Not much else to be said, really good post by the way @sarevok57,

Consider throwing lower resistance at him as soon as he changes into dragon form, makes the rest of the fight a lot more bearable.
    Also traps, this can be hard to pull off, but if you can kill his minions and kite him to near the entrance area of his lair, your rouges can drop traps on opposite side of the room, just make they are out of line of sight and far away from the big blue lizard. Dropping a timestop trap and a bunch of spiketraps or even normal traps behind it will be a huge help in this fight. You have a mage/thief so use the 10 seconds of timestop trap to cast one some sort of dispel and then cast timestop, then just keep on dispelling his defences. Timestop ends, traps go off, unprotected dragon takes huge damage. Even if don't have timestop and spiketraps, 7 normal traps should not be taken lightly, those things hit like a truck and with CHARNAME at lvl 24 they are the crazy high damage poison ones I think, could be wrong and they are just the crazy high damage regular ones.

If your still having trouble then, I fully agree with @sarevok57, just go finish up Watchers and Sendai, get exp and items, come back and stomp the dragon.