Skip to content

Romance Neera and Jaheira?

I know you can't do it in the base game, but I'm wondering if there's a mod, console or EEKeeper change that lets you do it?

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    The G3 tweakpack has an option for that in theory. I don't know if it actually works with the EE romances, though (it didn't the one time I checked). If not, you can always pursue both until the break point and then edit the appropriate RomanceActive variable afterwards. I've actually done that in the past, so I know it works. Let me know if you'd like an explanation on how to use the console, and/or if you need to know the specific commands for this purpose.

G3 Tweaks:
    http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/
  • PionPion Member Posts: 6
    I have the tweak pack, and it works for everyone except the EE characters. If I'm at the breaking point now; so if I edit the RomanceActive variable back to 2 in EE Keeper for Jaheira it'll continue from where I left off? Or does it have to be console, and if so, I would greatly appreciate the command. Thank you very much for your help/response.
    EEKeeper should work fine for editing the variable. Alternatively, the command should be CLUAConsole: SetGlobal("***RomanceActive","GLOBAL","2"), with *** replaced by the character's name. CLUAConsole: GetGlobal("***RomanceActive","GLOBAL") could also be useful, as it'll let you check the current value of the variable.

And yes, for me it worked fine when I just set the RomanceActive variable back to 2. I made a save before doing so, just in case it messed something up, but that character has since finished the whole game and I never ran into any problems.
    Awesome, thanks again.
    Well I've been playing, and I'm in Hell now, and I was checking EE Keeper, and I noticed that Jaheira's romanceactive value is set to 3 again, but I did reach lovetalk 71. Is it supposed to be this way? I thought something was up when Bhodi tried to take Neera. I tried changing the value back to 2 but it immediately went to 3. The reason I noticed was because I was trying to change Aerie, but hers did the same, kept changing to 3, and I only got to LT 17 with her. I tried setting her to 2 and 1 but kept going back to 3. I also removed some of the other values that I saw on a different post showing where the values should be. Anyway, I don't care about Aerie, just wanted to confirm if Jaheira will work properly in ToB.

Thanks again.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    I know this is really late, but besides the multiple romance option in the tweak pack. The never break a romance option worked for me on EE NPCs, it worked a little too well, Dorn wouldn't stop hitting on CHARNAME no matter how many times I told him to bugger off.
    Hm. That's not a behavior I saw on my playthrough. If you check the global immediately after changing it, is it already changed back, or does time have to pass? I ask because I'm not sure what would change it, and off the top of my head the two most likely scenarios are that it's not accepting the command to change it to 2, or that some event (maybe Neera lovetalks?) is checking and resetting the variable.

Also, are you using the console to change the variable, or EEKeeper? Both should work, but in the spirit of science, it might make sense to try the other one.
    It's immediate, and I've only tried EEKeeper, I'll try again tomorrow, and I'll try both. I'll also try the never break romance option. I didn't want to do because I still wanted to play the romance through, but I don't want to lose Jaheira after working the whole way through.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

I know this is really late, but besides the multiple romance option in the tweak pack. The never break a romance option worked for me on EE NPCs, it worked a little too well, Dorn wouldn't stop hitting on CHARNAME no matter how many times I told him to bugger off.

Maybe you should have been more careful with what you told him to do. He might have taken it the wrong way. If you know what I mean.
    Well, I re-installed the tweak pack, and did the "don't break" option, and this time it worked. Jaheira started sweet talking me again, so yay! Thanks again everybody!!