Skip to content

Party members are silent all the time

Hello

I'm using the patch 1.3. Some days ingame passed, some quests I already did but I didnt hear any banters between party members. Only Jaheira started her romance banters. There is currently Korgan in the group and I remember he always initiated some banters with other members pretty soon, but he is also silent. Without banters this game is not perfect, I would like to see them talking to each other.

Is this a bug maybe? Maybe some thing must be adjust in the .ini file? Have you also experienced this before?

Comments

• doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    Try ctrl+i to force banters.

There is a timer on the banters and then a certain chance to actually get one. Therefore it may vary when they start talking to you or the other party members. That could be it as well.
  • NheilNheil Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2015
    Hmm i ll try thanks.

Also, in old BG2 when I clicked one of my party member to talk to other party member, I got the message "xy is busy" . Now there is not any message when i try this. Is this the default thing in BG2EE?

The only other thing I think that somehow one of the mods (Bg2Tweaks for example) intefere with the banters... But this is very unlikely since the Jaheira romance started as always and the NPCs comment every quest and such,, basically the only thing missing so far the random banters with each other to time to time as old days.

EDIT : I tried cluaconsole and ctrl+i it works. Now I ll wait a few days for my band to initiate some dialougues... or if they wont I ll have to make them talk :-)
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Nheil said:

Also, in old BG2 when I clicked one of my party member to talk to other party member, I got the message "xy is busy" . Now there is not any message when i try this. Is this the default thing in BG2EE?

Seems to be so, and I'm extremely glad they did that. In vanilla, it was extremely frustrating when you were trying to turn in a quest, tried to initiate a conversation and it would just say: "Garren Windspear is busy." Then you had to reload until they weren't anymore...
  • NheilNheil Member Posts: 9
    Now it turned out, that they are not silent. They just initiate their banters pretty rarely, about 4-5-6 real game hours / banters. Romance dialogues seem way faster.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    There are actually few banters between party members, except for a couple of them (Korgan being ever provocative, he has more than the silent Valygar for example)