Skip to content

Thief-mage Dual Class

Wikkid_SuhnWikkid_Suhn Member Posts: 136
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I noticed this when I dual classed Imoen to thief/mage on one of my runs.

Observed Behavior: Dual classing from thief to mage reduces # of quick weapon slots to 1

Expected Behavior: Dual Classing from thief to mage does not reduce # of quick weapon slots

I have not tested this for the PC, nor do I know if dual-classing from a mage to a thief would do the same thing.
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
    I think that this was done in part of the interface's limited number of slots.

I think only a total of 12, (F1-F12) were ever setup.

Though, it would be nice if players could pick and choose what quickslots to utilize, either weapons or spells in the case of multi-classes.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Yeah, limited interface slots like Boaster said.

It should be good now because they changed the HUD. They dropped having the Guard icon for every class and made it just for warriors.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,527
    One of the GUI features I'm proposing is customizable quick bar via drag and drop, so that a player can arrange the buttons in any order they like, and decide which buttons show and which don't at any given time. It will most likely (read: Definitely) be a post-ship thing, but I'm gonna push it when the time comes.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Technically this isn't a bug, just a major annoyance.
  • Wikkid_SuhnWikkid_Suhn Member Posts: 136
    @Tanthalas true, but it should still be improved IMO
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited September 2012
    When you dual-class you are giving up your old class and taking on a new one. Wizards have less weapon slots. I believe you only keep skills, HP's and spells from previous classes but are under restrictions of the new class.
  • mister_ennuimister_ennui Member Posts: 98
    edited September 2012
    If as @Quartz mentions, the devs have dropped the Guard icon from the GUI for non-warrior classes, how are we supposed to select the Guard action for non-warriors? Presumably it is an action still available to non-warriors and can therefore at least be assigned to a button on the keyboard via config?

Edit: I've just realised that the Guard option was dropped for non-warriors in BG2 anyway. The change now makes sense given that the BG2 engine is being used.
    Post edited by mister_ennui on
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @AndreaColombo : This makes me think, didn't Icewind Dale 2 had such a feature? It would be awesome to have fully customizable options in BG. (although I would like if they also added the NWN's "widgets", or right click menu, but that's probably impossible :P)

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,527
    @Cheesebelly - at the cost of being publicly lynched, I'll admit to never having played IWD2. Tried it--got tired before the first mission was over. I never even finished the first IWD, which I enjoyed a lot more than IWD2. I'll surely purchase IWD:EE should they make it (not sure about IWD2, but I'd probably get that too), but my knowledge of those titles is close to zero.

They say IWD2 allowed for quick swap between sword-and-shield, two-handed and dual-wielding, though, which is on the very top of my desiderata for BG:EE's GUI.

When you dual-class you are giving up your old class and taking on a new one. Wizards have less weapon slots. I believe you only keep skills, HP's and spells from previous classes but are under restrictions of the new class.

Dual-classing is not giving up your old class. That's sort of a different discussion, however. Thieves have 2 quick weapon slots, mages have 2 quick weapon slots, but the thief/mage dual-class gets one. That's what I am saying should be changed.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    This is a round-about Feature Request thread for more Quickslots...

Not sure if anyone mentioned before that BGEE is using a new and improved GUI... with relevant new options... ;-)
    edited September 2012
    Well I'm not making a general request about quickslots, I was citing a specific "fluke" if you will.

Are you implying the new GUI will remove the need for quickslots?
    Post edited by Wikkid_Suhn on
  • PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    @Wikkid_Suhn @Bhryaen @AndreaColombo
    Why not make it customizable which F-button you would like to apply what function to for which character? My mage never goes anywhere without his quarterstaff, so doesn't need another slot for some sling he doesn't possess, but an extra slot for some major healing potions would come in handy since he gets whacked a lot in melee combat!
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I made a BG2 game with dual thief/mage two days ago, the correct behavior should be 2 weapon slots instead of one.