Skip to content

What is included?

2»

Comments

• SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    luddi said:

And now they want 20(!!!) bucks for the first game, and they dont even give it to you cheaper if you got the original.

I'm confused how this would be feasible. Would I show them my receipt from 14 years ago to get my discount?
  • luddiluddi Member Posts: 10
    Smaug said:

luddi said:

And now they want 20(!!!) bucks for the first game, and they dont even give it to you cheaper if you got the original.

I'm confused how this would be feasible. Would I show them my receipt from 14 years ago to get my discount?
    If im not mistaken, then you got a key with every baldurs gate. Im pretty sure they got a list with every valid key.

• SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    edited September 2012
    luddi said:

If im not mistaken, then you got a key with every baldurs gate. Im pretty sure they got a list with every valid key.

Neither my BG1 or 2 came with a key, nor do they require any such key on installation. I bought both from Amazon a few years ago after losing my game CD binder. Furthermore, I find it hard to believe that if something as significant as the original game artwork went missing that anyone is keeping a close eye on things like CD key lists.
    Post edited by Smaug on
  • Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    @luddi : This is not the company you bought the vanilla game from. Although some of the guys are the same.
    These people are fixing the game, that takes time and costs money, how would they earn a living if the gave away a copy to everyone who bought a game from someone else? How about gog? are they a bounch of greedy basterds for selling a less polished version for $10? did they give you a freebee?
    That make sense to you or should i draw a picture?
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    @Smaug is correct. The original discs didn't have keys. And yes, I still have my original game discs for both sagas. It was just "install and register if you want to."
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    edited September 2012
    That is it, the company from who we bought BG in the past is not the same working on BG:EE. That is why they can't really do that discount to "old customers". See it this way, without Beamdog there wouldnt even be any more BG. BG IP would just remain lost until some one took it and probably ruined it, now you have some of the original team working on extra content!
  • neur0neur0 Member Posts: 83
    Yeah, imagine EA making BG3 as a FPS with kill streaks and achievements.
    Cast Magic Missile > "HEADSHOT!"
  • theJoshFrosttheJoshFrost Member Posts: 171
    This thread is cancer.
  • luddiluddi Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2012

This thread is cancer.

Then you are a metastasis.

• triclops41triclops41 Member Posts: 207
    I think it is perfectly reasonable to be highly upset that something is being offered to people that want it, but not at a price that you think it should be...especially when you know little to nothing about the circumstances surrounding its development.
  • pklooppkloop Member Posts: 113
    neur0 said:

Yeah, imagine EA making BG3 as a FPS with kill streaks and achievements.
    Cast Magic Missile > "HEADSHOT!"

I just threw up on my keyboard...fell off my chair and went into seizures after reading that..

• immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    Ever notice how the haters can not be civil or polite, always using gutter talk and in general acting like spoiled 4 year olds?