Skip to content

Neera or Dorn?

epicrakshasasepicrakshasas Member Posts: 71
Essentially, should I romance Neera or Dorn? Also, I began Dorn and does it get better than Dorn saying, "I can give you pleasure."?

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Neera's Romance is the best among the Enhanced Edition romances I have tested. Rasaad's is poorly written, Dorn's is a little better than Rasaad but that's mainly because doing worse would have been hard, and Hexxat I have not tested yet
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    Well that's Dorn for you...I would say two play throughs. One with Dorn and one with Neera.

If you are undecided and it's your first play with either of them you have to decide if you want the power-hungry half orc (mmm those tusks) or the girl with the pink hair (including the very real risks with wild magic - so much fun).

Between the two I prefer Dorn. He's evil. He will stay evil. He's shallow. No redemption there.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Dorn has some pretty epic lines, particularly towards the end of the romance; Neera's is much more light-hearted. Choose whichever one is most compatible with the personality you've given your main character.
  • ojthesimpsonojthesimpson Member Posts: 121
    Dorn is a bottom

Dorn is a bottom

In keeping with the forum's PG-13 rating, I'm pretty sure Dorn specializes in Two-Handed and Crossbows, so to speak.
  • Rylorn23Rylorn23 Member Posts: 77
    Sorry guys. I'm not gay. So I prefer Neera.

But I would also prefer Viconia.
  • Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159
    /fighting half-a-dozen dirty jokes from reaching the submit button

So. I'm curious, what makes Rasaad's romance terrible aside from the sappiness quotient? :angel:
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

So. I'm curious, what makes Rasaad's romance terrible aside from the sappiness quotient? :angel:

I think the OP was asking from the perspective of a male character.

I actually thought Rasaad's romance story was really sweet - certainly a huge improvement over Anomen.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    So much Anomen hate. He's not that bad. I mean, look at it this way: He is a *nobleman* (making him much more tolerable than all of the other nobles you meet in the game) with a big insecurity problem due to parental abuse. He is also a front line warrior and by profession a leader of soldiers. He then finds himself in a group of some of the most badass warriors, mages and rogues Faerun has ever seen.

Before he gets personally validated via knighthood he is hard to like. But I find that realistic. Which to me is a big selling point.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    How is this a question? Have you heard Dorn's voice-acting?

*drools*
    Again I would choose Dorn over Neera any day. Great voice acting. And he definitely doesn't waste his time when it comes to want (you). The falling in love with you takes some time though. He is evil and in love with power. You can bring him that. But in time even the most bad ass half orc can't resist the charms of a bhaalspawn.

His and Rasaads romances are the only one I have played more than once.

And @grum I agree about Anomen. He has serious issues and doesn't know how to deal with them. He has angry bursts and regret them. He is really very human. And I enjoy his romance for him trying so hard to court charname knight in shining armor style while struggling with his inner demons.
    Rasaad's romance is IMHO the worse from far. Basically its "poorly-writenness" is totally summed up when you get the possibility to tell Rasaad "Kiss me". I mean, really, no girl would ever say this sentence when they first kiss a man.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Arunsun said:

Rasaad's romance is IMHO the worse from far. Basically its "poorly-writenness" is totally summed up when you get the possibility to tell Rasaad "Kiss me". I mean, really, no girl would ever say this sentence when they first kiss a man.

Well...yes, some would. Because...how do I put this? Women are people too.
    @Grum I agree again. With some men like Rasaad the woman would have to be the active part. Otherwise nothing would ever happen between the two of them.

And again this is role playing. I would probably never fall for someone like him irl if I had to do all the hard work. Though he is cute being so naive when it comes to women. But some of my female bhaalspawns would.
    Grum said:

Arunsun said:

Well...yes, some would. Because...how do I put this? Women are people too.
    Women are people too and equal to men on about every aspect, that stands no discussion, of course, but I know of no men who would say that either. But maybe some would and I have never met them, I can admit that.

• Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159
    (To the beat of Pokemon's Jenny/Joy song)

Neera
    Oh Neera
    Dorn
    Oh Dorn
    A one-lover bhaalspawn's what I wanna be
    But there's two perfect loves for me

Neera
    You're so so cheery and bright
    With that wild magic thing going for
    All night

Dorn
    With your deep sexy voice
    Far as badasses go you're my top
    Half-Orc

Neera
    Oh Neera
    Dorn
    Oh Dorn
    A one-lover bhaalspawn what I wanna be
    But there's two perfect loves for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!