Skip to content

How would I go about giving Viconia the ability to use crossbows?

SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
Vicky is a drow and a former priestess of Lolth she should be able to use crossbows, how much trouble would it be to give her crossbows as a weapon choice?

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited July 2015
    Well, you'd probably have to give all base clerics crossbow use. You actually would have to change the weapons themselves rather than the character or class. It'd be easiest (unless you're familiar with weidu) to just change the specific crossbows you want her to use. Do you have near infinity, or dltcep?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited July 2015
    In the EE, opcode 319 could probably work without giving all clerics crossbow.
    You just add opcode 319, param2=10, spell level=1, param1=(viconia's ingame name strref) to every crossbow (as an equipping effct) in the game.
    Think of it as an extended usability flag.

In the EE, opcode 319 could probably work without giving all clerics crossbow.
    You just add opcode 319, param2=10, spell level=1, param1=(viconia's ingame name strref) to every crossbow (as an equipping effct) in the game.
    Think of it as an extended usability flag.

I have a vague memory trying this with param 2 set to 9 (kit.ids) and it didn't work. Trust avengers word over my memory, though. I may not have set spell level to 1. Anyway, I'll try to test it sometime soon
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited July 2015
    Yeah, probably it isn't working the way i mentioned, i will have to experiment with this myself too.
    [edit]
    Yeah, sadly this doesn't work.
    You can only restrict usage, but never give usability.
    You would need to let all clerics use the xbow, then somehow restrict it to Viconia, all this without affecting non-clerics.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Thanks for the replies, will try to figure it out before my next playthrough.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2015
    You could make a special kit for her that has a passive spell (in a created clab [2da] file ) that has use any item active, while at the same time you restrict all the categories that kit can't use (with the exception of crossbows). It'll give all clerics of that kit the ability to use crossbows though. You'd also need to either change the weapprof.2da file to allow clerics to put proficiency points in crossbows or give her cre files initial proficiency in them.
    elminster said:

You could make a special kit for her that has a passive spell (in a created clab [2da] file ) that has use any item active, while at the same time you restrict all the categories that kit can't use (with the exception of crossbows). It'll give all clerics of that kit the ability to use crossbows though. You'd also need to either change the weapprof.2da file to allow clerics to put proficiency points in crossbows or give her cre files initial proficiency in them.

You can make a kit that has use any item, and it won't give all clerics crossbow use AFAIK. You can then restrict it in this way, and you should have pretty much what you are looking for.

The only thing that is jarring for me is that unusable items are different colored than when restricted by usability flags. Of course, this was an earlier iteration, so I'm not sure if this is the case now.

Another, very ambitious idea is to make all items usable, but give extra restrictions to classes/kits not 'proficient'. This is possible with specific ids which is referenced by many Opcode's (or can be made to with eg 177.

Getting away from the op, sorry. Some old ideas are coming back. Anyway, elimsters idea should work