Skip to content

Who Did You Side With and Why?

2»

Comments

• HeavylineHeavyline Member Posts: 108
    I remember first time playing; Shadow Thieves. My character was a good guy and didn't want to break his early deal with Shadow Thieves to find Imoen. Second time playing, I was playing evil, so I was with Bodhi. It was interisting to see the other side. Third time again it was Shadow Thieves for some reason and now fourth time, I was forced to stay at Shadow Thieves. I was suprised Bodhi refused to even make a deal since I was playing Swashbuckler and leading the guildhouse instead of Mae'var. She was thinking I would "never" betray my guild. Never expected that.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    I knew Bodhi was good in bed by the fancy lingerie, but her posture is HORRBILE.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    The Shadow Thieves are the lesser of two evils. I'm certainly not siding with stinking *vamps*, for Oghma's sake!

I often install the Alternatives mod so there's a good choice.
  • UnseeyingEyeUnseeyingEye Member Posts: 48
    I mostly side with the Shadow Thieves because:

1. My favourite class is a thief
    2. I love them!
    3. I feel it is more of a challenge to wipe out the vampires than it was to wipe out the Shadow Thieves
  • UnseeyingEyeUnseeyingEye Member Posts: 48
    Anduine said:

Jared4242 said:

Unlike Bodhi, Aran seemed to have some (albeit slightly twisted) code of honor.

That much is true, at least. Aran is not your typical sinister assassin who would happily give anyone a knife in the back if it benefits him in the slightest.

I don't believe that the typical assassin does just kill people on a whim. In the end, an assassin is a businessman and knows enough that it is good practice to remain seen as a professional killer and not a crazed butcher.

• AlistuspalloAlistuspallo Member Posts: 13
    Always sided with the thieves, never got myself to play an evil party to try out Bodhi's way around. Always considered that the evil way, definitely playing it both ways when the game comes out now.
  • CCarluNNCCarluNN Member Posts: 200
    I'm actually glad that either side will lead you to that Saemon Havarian guy. He's the best hero-villain hybrid in the game, always having an exit plan for himself, leaving his mess behind for me to clean.
  • AzL0nAzL0n Member Posts: 126
    Vampires are creepy.
  • AenorAenor Member Posts: 64
    I've never played as evil, so it's a simple choice.
  • Gun19Gun19 Member Posts: 48
    Because I like disintegrating vampires :-)
  • KenKen Member Posts: 226
    Bodhi

First of all, it hated walking around through that fucking huge maze to meet Aran every single time you completed a quest xS Much quicker to get to Bodhi.

Besides, I get to kill ALL the Shadow Thieves AND the vampires by siding with Bodhi. (xp Xp XP!)

...Those Shadow Thieves are a bunch of pussies anyway
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    I have always sided with Shadow Thieves. I tried to kill all the thieves, though. The hardest part was Arkanis Gath(the guy that kills you with one blow).
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    While I personally hate the concept of "lesser evil" I cannot deny that it exist. In BG2 too.
  • Doom972Doom972 Member Posts: 150
    edited September 2012
    I tend to play neutral characters and I can't see how a character who's not evil would join Bodhi.
    Also, in Baldur's Gate all but the most powerful undead, are pathetically weak.
  • Doom972Doom972 Member Posts: 150
    edited September 2012
    Sorry for double post. Please remove if possible.
  • AphrilAphril Member Posts: 1
    "There's no life better than the thieves guild." That and half of the time I play an assassin or multi/dual class thief which leads to Shadow Thieves being the only option available.
  • g314g314 Member Posts: 201
    Looks like it's a landslide. I'm surprised! =)
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    Dear god alot of people went shadow thieves!

I sided with Bodhi because I was playing as an evil character and playing down the evil path of course no matter what. Shadow thieves have proven themselves weak and I did myself a service by getting rid of their annoying presence. :)
  • SirrionSirrion Member Posts: 20
    i had no idea you could even side with bodhi for the first many playthroughs...
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    edited September 2012
    Both depending on the character, but I think people are being a bit hard on the Bodhi option. For one thing, your character might not even know they're vampires until talking to Bodhi, by which time you've burned all your bridges with the Shadow Thieves anyway. The Shadow Thieves are a known force for evil and this new organisation is unknown to your character and is offering a chance to get to Imoen faster. Also siding with Bodhi provides the best outcome for Athkatla, both the Shadow Thieves and the Vampires are wiped out.
  • Metal_HurlantMetal_Hurlant Member Posts: 324
    Shadow Thieves for me. There's just something that feels wrong with me when siding with Vampires in killing humans. I prefer to side with humans to kill vampires. :P
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    I've played the game through so many times. I've always sided with the Shadow Thieves. I've always wanted to give Bodhi a try, but every time I get to that point in the game, from a RP perspective, I've never played a character who has been so utterly evil (or stupid) as to think siding with a league of vampires is a good idea!
    That said, I'll have to side with Bodhi someday! I've done almost everything else in the BG games, so it seems like it's high-time to beseige the Shadow Thief stronghold.
  • FelixFelix Member Posts: 39
    Stupid level drain! Hated that. Death to all vampires!