Skip to content

Blah - 16 days. Time for some Icewind Dale.

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
edited September 2012 in Off-Topic
I wanted to start a new BG game, but at the rate I play by the time I get into it the EE will be out and I'll need to start over lol. Maybe I'll give IWD another play-through to whet my appetite. :)
Post edited by Coriander on

Comments

• sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Favorite character I've ever rolled for IWD, and one I rarely see anyone else bother with:

Fighter dual-classed into druid once I gain 5 proficiency in Large Sword (for Scimitars) or Spears.

Druids are incredible in IWD. Black Isle added a lot of really cool spells for them in that series over the BG saga.

Absolute minimum need 15 strength and 17 wis AND 17 cha to pull it off, so he'll be dumb as a brick and there's a good chance you'll only have 7 constitution (don't go lower or you lose HP per level!) if you want the person to be viable but with a little patience and a whole lot of luck on your rolls, it's arguably the most dangerous unit you can have.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    edited September 2012
    Tried playing IWD to bridge the gap. It's just not the same :/
    Post edited by The_New_Romance on
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    For me its time to play Dragon Quest 3 and 8.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I'm playing IWD right now too actually. My favorite character is Thief dualed into Fighter, can deal over 80 damage with backstab. Can pretty much easily single-handedly take out any boss susceptible to backstab, just carry some potions of invisibility.
  • skrissakskrissak Member Posts: 24
    ya i recently played through icewind dale for the first time to help, it's not the same but i still enjoyed it.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    IWD is cool I just wish there was more to it... and the Luremaster expansion sucked... tho I know it was just DLC.
  • KelesKeles Member Posts: 31
    playing that now while I await BGEE. no real favorite as far as character types go. current party is pretty "plain jane" but I find em enjoyable none the less to pass the time. ~
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I highly recommend installing the IWD NPC Project, for a more Baldur's Gate like experience.

http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=174&Itemid=122

• FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385

I wanted to start a new BG game, but at the rate I play by the time I get into it the EE will be out and I'll need to start over lol. Maybe I'll give IWD another play-through to whet my appetite. :)

Thanks for pushing me over the edge, sigh. I'll go grab my discs.
  • KenKen Member Posts: 226
    Just completed it a few days ago.. First time I completed Trails of the Luremaster! Kinda disappointing, no real "end" in that quest.