Skip to content

Good leader, bad party

Evil NPCs often fight good NPCs in the party but am I correct that the only concern with a good main character is that the reputation doesn't get too high? I'd like to play a paladin with 1)Vicky, because every paladin should have a drow girlfriend to give him perspective 2) Dorn, because he can be redeemed 3) Hexxat, because otherwise she'd be preying on the innocent. Can the party reputation be juggled so that such a main character avoids fallen status but not so high the others don't leave?

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited July 2015
    I am not sure but in bg2, Dorn's first quest is pretty wicked. You need to crash a wedding in the Radiant Heart building and slaughter everyone within. Masacree, like Kill Bill style. I think that would make a paladin fallen.

Viconia and Hexxat can be tolerated well unless you have high rep. To lower rep, pickpocket a store from the buying screen and fail. The shopkeeper will get angry and hostile, be sure to disable auto attacks and flee. If you kill the shop owner you will be fallen.
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    As long as your rep don't get too high then the bad guys won't leave. And not too low either so your main PC won't fall. Then you should be ok.

You can do Dorns first quest without loosing too much rep. Just pick the correct answers in the dialogue. If not you're in for some evil action that will decrease your rep substantially.

Btw Dorn can't be redeemed. You can redeem Vicky if you romance her (in TOB) where you can also redeem your brother.

But just do something bad at times and good at others and juggle your rep someplace in the middle then you should be ok.

Oh and keep them away from Keldorn and Anomen. They are not on Christmas cards with each other.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    I really don't see that a paladin could justify having those 3 along.