Skip to content

Anyone wanna join for a fresh start?

SciobthaSciobtha Member Posts: 54
Hi folks, at this point I only have BG2 EE but interested to see if anyone wants to start a game? I am not too strict on what I do or don't want to do. I can roll any toon and am cool with taking NPC's or just sticking with the party.

Anyone interested? If so we can try to pin down a time in this thread. I'd prefer to use Skype or google hangouts for some form of voice comms :)

Comments

• AmethystDreamAmethystDream Member Posts: 6
    Hello, I was hoping that I could join, this would be the first multiplayer session I've played, so bear with me. I do have skype, so that is a possible option. Are you going for a full six team, or less? I'll just keep tabs on this for updates, Thank you for considering me...is this an interview, heh.
  • SciobthaSciobtha Member Posts: 54
    Sure! I have yet to actually play multiplayer as well, except for briefly at least... I am hoping to get BGEE next pay period as I am wanting to try playing through all the way to ToB with the same main.

Would you want to start in BG if I get the EE or just start from BG2?

Not an interview at all lol, I forgot my suit and tie so that makes it an informal discussion :p We will see if anyone else is interested. I have a friend who might be able to join once her irl stuff dies down a tidge. I figured I'd wait and see who answers the post for awhile and figure out from there. :)
    I'm fine with starting at either game, the only thing I wonder is about mods, because I think everyone has to have the same or something. I don't have any on bg but in bg2 I have a simple alora mod to add her to the game (because I wanna good thief that DIDN'T decide to go all mage on me! :tongue: ) If, I'm a shoe-in, then maybe we can talk "stategy". Basically, I don't have a pre-made character in mind, do you have any suggestions, then I can just pre-make for both games so it doesn't matter which we play. we can talk on skype too if you want. I'll message my skype to you.
    roger, well I currently have unmodded versions of both games so I'd have to install that one for BG2 and that would mean learning how to mod and probably "bricking" my game. Not sure I am ready to attempt that yet :s

bricking? oh no no, I can remove my singular mod, it's not like I'm modded to the gills or anything
    when you screw up an install of software and hose your OS, thus turning your computer into a "brick" or "paperweight"
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    The EE editions are pretty easy to fix if a mod messes you up. Don’t ask how I know. :) There is a small button in the bottom right hand corner of your launcher screen that you can click on to get the option to repair your install.

Of course an OS would be a different matter… :)
  • thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218
    edited July 2015
    Sciobtha said:

when you screw up an install of software and hose your OS, thus turning your computer into a "brick" or "paperweight"

It's relatively easy to uninstall your game and leave all your saved games and characters intact. That's what happened for me when I switched from the direct Beamdog version to the GOG version of the game. Since all that data is kept in the Documents section of your computer you have the option to keep those files when uninstalling the game I believe then reinstall your game fresh if you screwed up installing a mod for example. Or if you're afraid of your game files getting wiped, back them up on your desktop in a folder somewhere before uninstalling and reinstalling your game.

When I started a multiplayer game not long ago installing the mods wasn't that hard once I figured out the proper install paths (where the mod installs to, basically the game folder). Installing mods won't brick your game as long as they're reputable and confirmed to be compatible with the Enhanced Editions.
    So things didn't work out for me to get a group going. I think @thelovebat may still be organizing a group so I'd message him.

I will just go back to single player for a while and post the occasional comment/discussion :)
  • YehudaYehuda Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys I would like to join if that's still open. Eastern time here
  • j1a1s1onj1a1s1on Member Posts: 12
    hey ill join im looking to play tonight and this weekend
  • DeltaBravoDeltaBravo Member Posts: 3
    Has the game started already? I am interested, what time are you looking to play?