Skip to content

BG2EE G3 Tweak Pack

Hi

Were any of these tweaks included by Beamdog in the enhanced edition? I'm aware that community fixes have been included, but I have no idea about tweaks.

Comments

• HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    The only one I remember being added to the enhanced editions were neutral characters making positive comments at neutral reputation.
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    The un-nerfed Grandmastery is in EE too... kind of(The Un-nerfed GM from tweak pack gives you a full extra attack at GM like in vanilla BG; EE GM gives you half an attack)
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211

The un-nerfed Grandmastery is in EE too... kind of(The Un-nerfed GM from tweak pack gives you a full extra attack at GM like in vanilla BG; EE GM gives you half an attack)

So isn't that unchanged from the original BG2 then? GM was +1/2 APR there, too. Though of course for some reason GM is +1 APR in IWD:EE...
    edited July 2015
    No, in vanilla BG2 GM didn't give you any extra attacks, just something like +1 ThAC0 +2 damage. Generally everything in BG2 got nerfed pretty hard(like mages maxing out at 5 castings on every spell level)
  • DieAnnaDieAnna Member Posts: 9
    So it's still good to install those tweaks over BG2EE, I suppose. I wasn't aware of that mage nerf. Is there some way to make it go back to normal behaviour, which, I presume, BG1 had?
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    Perhaps you should ask these questions in that mod's forum? http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showforum=34
    DieAnna said:

So it's still good to install those tweaks over BG2EE, I suppose. I wasn't aware of that mage nerf. Is there some way to make it go back to normal behaviour, which, I presume, BG1 had?

Yeah, the Tweak Pack has two options like that. I think it's called "Alter Arcane Caster Spell Progression Tables" or similar.

You can either un-nerf it(where it doesn't just "cap out" at certain level and keeps increasing as it was until your maximum level) or use the PnP tables(which actually give you even MORE spells than un-nerfed version).

If you want to know details, there are tables linked from the readme.

Other casters(clerics, druids) also can be messed with.
  • DieAnnaDieAnna Member Posts: 9
    Thanks, guys.
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    Always wished they would add the Paladins and Rangers Use IWD-HoW Spell Progression Tables as an option ourselves.