Skip to content

KOTOR2 on tablets?

proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
edited July 2015 in Off-Topic
If you are interested in seeing KOTOR2 come to iPads and android tablets sign up on the link below. Apparently Aspyr is seeing if there is sufficient interest.
http://www.aspyr.com/games/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii-the-sith-lords?ClickID=cnvw7alll4zne4l4k7awxa4lzffp4pfznnlz
I've been playing the first KOTOR on my iPad and it is really fantastic. Aspyr did a really good job with the touch controls, and to have games like this available to play on long commutes is a fantastic thing.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Might want to fix the title :)
    procco
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Hehe. I accidentally titled the thread LOTOR 2. Lord of the Obnoxious Rings?
    elminster
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Lightsabers Of The Old Republic 2?

I'm not much into this RPG's on tablets though. If I play an RPG I want to emerge myself in it and not be bombarded by external stimuli from the surroundings. I could never concentrate myself on BG or any other real RPG in a train or elsewhere that's not at my own desk.
    KamigoroshiWilbur
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    procco said:

Hehe. I accidentally titled the thread LOTOR 2. Lord of the Obnoxious Rings?

Hey, it could have been LOTGS (Lord of the G-string).
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

I'm not much into this RPG's on tablets though. If I play an RPG I want to emerge myself in it and not be bombarded by external stimuli from the surroundings. I could never concentrate myself on BG or any other real RPG in a train or elsewhere that's not at my own desk.

I feel the same way with playing tablet RPG's on the go. It's just way to hectic on subways and trams for something like that. Especially when one has to change between many different lines in order to reach ones workplace.

But at the same time it's really nice to be able to play RPG's, such as the Enhanced Editions, while taking a long 3 hour bathe. But only do this if you own a waterproofed tablet with at least IP-68. Otherwise it might not be that good of an idea. :expressionless:
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I've never been a fan of RPGs on tablets. However, I do have KOTOR1 for my Ipod Touch and have actually played a fair amount of it. So, it can be done. I'd be interested in playing KoTOR 2 on something like my Kindle Fire.

For me it is less about the 3 hour baths and more about the 5 hour flights (and the obligatory 2-3 hours or more in addition in airports). That's when it is nice to have something that engages your mind while not being taxing on the carrying weight.