Skip to content

A poll about polls...

rodneyandsteptoerodneyandsteptoe Member Posts: 99
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
As there are getting to be so many of them, should they have their own category?
  1. A poll about polls...24 votes
    1. YES - there are loads of them now, they are being set up daily and it would declutter the General category a bit
      66.67%
    2. NO - the Yellow Poll box makes them easy enough to spot and I'm happy wading through General
      33.33%

Comments

• rodneyandsteptoerodneyandsteptoe Member Posts: 99
    I am as guilty as the next person for setting some up - I just thought that it might make it easier to access them in their own category...

And how better to gauge public opinion with another poll! Ha Ha Ha Ha
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    No.
    Polls can be about a variety of subjects. Making a seperate forum for these makes no sense.
    I am more in favor of splitting General up into Baldur's Gate Help, Game Discussion and Off Topic to clean things up.
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    The only thing I can agree is that there are way too many polls, most quite useless...
  • rodneyandsteptoerodneyandsteptoe Member Posts: 99
    Razor said:

The only thing I can agree is that there are way too many polls, most quite useless...

At least there is the Yellow Poll box so you know to avoid them :)
  • Rush_that_speaksRush_that_speaks Member Posts: 36
    I can't speak English very well so I just love polls ;p
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited September 2012
    One alternative would be to have an actual "general" section about general topics like sports, Harry Potter vs BG vs LOTR, etc. That might help clear up some of the threads/ polls that are not specific to BG. There are discussions that happen in polls so it does kind of make more sense to organise the site in a way that avoids redundant threads.