Skip to content

Quick Question 4: The Demon of Durlag`s Tower

So I am doing Durlag`s Tower and have come across the demon knight and am getting murdered here is my party
Me Fighter level 7
Baeloth Sorcerer level 8
Dorn Blackguard level 7
Neera Wild Mage level 9
Viconia Cleric level 7
Montaron Fighter level 6 Thief level 7
any tips for the fight?

Comments

• HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    Don't bother with the mirror if you already are. He's much easier as a straight fight. Split up at the start to avoid the worst of his dispelling. Buff to the max and whack away at him.
    XeroshiQuartzJuliusBorisov
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2015
    Get as many party members as possible (Neera and Baeloth in your case) to hit him with a wand of paralyzation. Eventually it should work. :)
    XeroshiJuliusBorisov
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    I find the mirror easier. Hit it and go invisible/run back to the starting area. The demon will fight his shadow (and lose). Good timing can still nab the last hit for full xp. From there the shadow monsters are quite easy, as they have no special tricks.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    have your guy and dorn drink some potions of fire giant strength ( or cloud giant if you have 'em, and if you don't have either drink down potions of frost giant strength) and if you got them, potions of heroism for your guy and dorn ( and if montaron is meleeing as well have him drink a potion of giant strength with a potion of heroism) then cast protection from fire on your melee characters, protection from evil, defensive harmony ( watch out for this spell, it only lasts 6 rounds, so make it the last thing you do) and summon as many skeletons as viconia can summon, and of coarse have haste cast as well, once you have that all prepped up, send in a skeleton to soak up the demon's dispel magic ( sometimes that doesn't work so if not, send in baeloth to soak up the dispel magic and as soon as you see the demon use the animation for it, send baeloth way out of the way of your team so the radius doesn't hit them) so as the demon knight is casting dispel magic on somebody else, send in the cavalry and just hit him hard and hit him fast, the faster you kill him, the shorter time he has to cast things like fireball, power stun and power kill ( which for some reason does a flat 120 damage) if monty is a bow user obviously you want to equip some arrows +2 but still use a potion of heroism on him as well because that will lower his thac0 a little bit
    JuliusBorisov
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    I broke the mirror, threw in a greater malison and some debuffs and he ended up killing himself. More satisfying when you don't break it...