Skip to content

Will Legacy of Bhaal Mode be implemented into BG1 and BG2??

I guess the most confusing thing about this expansion is what features to the engine are going to be implemented across the board in all 3 games (and maybe to a lesser extent in IWD as well). Or is this new tactical mode (which I would assume has some basis in the legacy of SCS) only going to apply to the Siege of Dragonspear content??

Comments

• AWizardDidItAWizardDidIt Member Posts: 197
    edited July 2015
    I don't think it's been announced conclusively one way or the other but I believe the safe assumption is the new features available in SoD to start won't be in either EE right away but will likely be updated later.

I hope soon those updates do come out asap. I'd really like an alternative to the various tactics mods like SCS to make the games a bit more challenging.
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    I'm looking forward to trying it with SCS.
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    Unless my memory fails me, the devs stated in the post announcement Q&A that the Story Mode and Legacy of Bhaal modes will be added to the existing games, and they were aiming to have that done at or around launch of SoD.

If it wasn't in the Q&A video, it was in one of the first few developer posts on the forums here following the announcements.

I don't have time atm to track it down sorry.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    I hope the Legacy of bhaal mode is like SCS...HOF just makes the enemies take more hits but doest really offer any tactical changes. I think having a SCS mode finally implemented accross all BG is long over due
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @brunardo It will be like HoF. But the great thing is you can SCS when using LoB.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Thats not too bad then @FinneousPJ...hoping no bugs though but works fine on all BG EE so should be ok then
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    I assume that an update will be rolled out to BGII too in order to put it on the same technical level...
  • LinkamusLinkamus Member Posts: 221
    Well for what it's worth, on the main page it says:

"Legacy of Bhaal Mode: A difficulty setting offering tactical challenges only the most skilled of players can hope to defeat"

By saying "tactical challenge" I would hope that means more than just buffing HP and damage output of monsters...
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    Linkamus said:

Well for what it's worth, on the main page it says:

"Legacy of Bhaal Mode: A difficulty setting offering tactical challenges only the most skilled of players can hope to defeat"

By saying "tactical challenge" I would hope that means more than just buffing HP and damage output of monsters...

You would think so. If it's just Heart of Fury I'd hardly call that a "tactical challenge" though I suppose you do have to change tactics.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited September 2015
    I remember the devs stating somewhere (in the Q&A? in the forum? can't remember) that they worked on improving the AI, so Legacy of Bhaal isn't (just) upped hit points.

The same statement makes me doubt though if the challenges are available outside of SoD as well though. It depends on wether the general AI is improved, or if they worked on the AI for specific battles and specific opponents. I hope it's a mixture of both. Still, for an upgraded AI in the BG & BG2, they'd have to work on specific enemies AI's outside of SoD as well, for a full implementation across the board.
    edited September 2015
    Honestly they should just includ SCS and Ascension as check box options. If either are checked, lock the difficulty slider on insane.
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    Linkamus said:

Honestly they should just includ SCS and Ascension as check box options. If either are checked, lock the difficulty slider on insane.

Um. Sorry. No.
    That's not how SCS works.

SCS options need to be carefully trimmed; one can't simply include all.
    Much less so for Ascension.

Also, I ONLY play SCS on Core difficulty. To lock it to Insane is just... insane.
    That's true I suppose... Well then perhaps the difficulty slider just disappears and it's just locked on core difficulty in the background. But you're right about all the SCS options. I guess that wouldn't work.