Skip to content

Anyone prepping a new CHAR in the advent of SoD?

I am thinking of creating a Assassin dualing to Fighter or Mage. What about you guys?

Comments

• HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    I was going to, but I figured I'll wait until the release and see if BG gets a patch too. Then hopefully other people can find the bugs while I play through BG.
  • Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    Does anyone know if SoDS is going to mess with the level cap in BG1? Basically if any current or older BG1 char is going to be compatible with SoDS once it's out? I know it's a silly question but I'm paranoid.
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    Yes just started a new game with my version of neutral party it includes
    CHARNAME CN Human Female Berserker / Cleric
    Dorn
    Kalid
    Jaheria
    Nerra
    Imoen / Safana
    I know Dorn is evil. But I saw him included in the Default Neural save for SoD
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I'm thinking fighter mage at the moment.
    Jean_Luc said:

Does anyone know if SoDS is going to mess with the level cap in BG1? Basically if any current or older BG1 char is going to be compatible with SoDS once it's out? I know it's a silly question but I'm paranoid.

yeah apparently it's worth 1 or 2 levels
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    As an Iphone user I plan to start my SoD run when it is announced. Hopefully I'll finish the run about the time it is released for IoS.
  • johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
    Jean_Luc said:

I don't think they will mess with the level caps in bg1 but rather than in bg2.
  • James_MJames_M Member Posts: 140
    Absolutely! Started a new game with good old Cleric/Ranger, reverting back to my original Baldur's Gate party with Khalid, Minsc, Jaheira, Coran and Imoen! Only difference is I'm starting with 18/66 strength as opposed to the usual 18/91-99 range. In Siege of Dragonspear I'm expecting only one level-up more for each of the classes, so reaching Cleric 8 / Ranger 8.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited August 2015
    All I know for sure is that I want to play a cleric, a cleric-fighter, or a paladin.

I keep getting tempted to start in BG1, but then I remember that SoD isn't expected until Christmas time at the earliest. I'd get finished with BG1 within a month, and then have to leave the character sitting there.

I'd probably wind up wanting to start a new character anyway. Also, I want my next BG1 run to be with the engine and interface enhancements they're creating for SoD, and they say they're going to release a patch to put those enhancements into BG1 shortly before SoD is released.

So, I'll be waiting until they do that, hopefully in November or December.

If they get SoD released in time and it all goes smoothly, it should be a very, merry Christmas this year indeed. :)