Skip to content

Merek's Bug solved for PC

LoveViconiaLoveViconia Member Posts: 196
I have been playing BG from its first release, never had a bug with Merek to now. I did check for a solution but nothing. The debug more also did change and anyway when i was playing the game i had 2 seconds before my team would die. Actually Merek did not spawm in the game, he was nowhere.

To fix this you need the EE keeper, leave alone the console and just use the EE keeper you can dowload here.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/eekeeper/

To install
- installation folder for mine || C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\
- save data for mine || C:\Users\[YourWinUserName]\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\
The rest is optional, just a pick list.

I did try to add and reset Merek's and Lothander's to 0 but nothing, to add his potion and still nothing, like many suggested, know that in game i have done all i was requested, Merek just did not spawn.

So i decideto to remove it.

Once you open your editor game,
- go on global variable
- delete everything with the name of merek or lothander, for IE MEREK, SPRITE_IS_DEADMEREK and so on.

I did find some global variables such as POISONPARTY and POISONPARTY2, not sure if needed but i deleted the both of them.

I also went to the journey, and i deleted anything to do with merek and lothander, not sure if this was needed.

However the bug was fixed, or better by deleting these variables your team will not die, expecially if it dies after 2 seconds you are in the game.

I did not go any further, but it did work correctly.

Regards.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Do you have a save file where you experience this bug? If so please put the save folder into a zip file and attach it here. That way someone can look it over.
  • LoveViconiaLoveViconia Member Posts: 196
    You have to save the game, the tool is a saved game editor. Regards.