Skip to content

Final Act won't begin - SPOILERS

pt383pt383 Member Posts: 3
edited August 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
I am running the newest patch on the PC version. I triggered the cutscene. Left the caves after killing the basilisks. The guy ended up fleeing. I then travelled directly to western BG, entered the flaming fist castle. Nobody is angry at me. I have been to the bridge, but the 'smuggler' isn't there. I tried going back to Candlekeep and then back to the bridge, still nothing. The guards don't bother me in BG, the two contacts that are supposed to be near the magical shop aren't there. I suspect that maybe I broke something by not going to the bridge and just fast travelling directly to BG after leaving the caves? I've searched and found nobody else with this issue, so I'm kinda stuck as to what to do next. Any advice would be appreciated.
Post edited by pt383 on

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    If you could attach a save that will let us know at whats up. Just put your save folder (should be a folder that looks like 00000000005-name found in documents/baldur's gate enhanced edition/saves) in a zip or rar file and then attach it here to a post.
  • pt383pt383 Member Posts: 3
    Ok, uploaded the most recent save. I'm in the Flaming Fist castle. Just checked the bridge again and still nobody there. Hopefully I haven't just missed something obvious, but I'm sure someone will tell me if that's the case... :) Thanks again for any help!
    elminster
    edited August 2015
    Somehow you've managed to be in chapter 8. Anyways, all I did was set it so that you are in chapter 7 (which is the chapter you are supposed to be in). Without knowing the exact steps you took to get to this point i can't really know how the problem occurred, but hopefully this at least fixes things for you.
    Post edited by elminster on
    Out of curiosity once you talked to Duke Eltan and were transported to the front of Candlekeep (this was before you ran into any problems I assume) did you travel to any other place other than locations in candlekeep? Or did you just go straight into candlekeep (followed by its crypts)?
  • pt383pt383 Member Posts: 3
    I went straight to candlekeep, gave them my book and went into the crypts. Thanks for your help!
    elminster
    Out of curiosity are you running any mods?