Skip to content

Need info for modding my IWDEE

SereverusSereverus Member Posts: 70
edited July 2015 in General Modding
observing from these forums it isn't too complicated to do yourself, but very timeconsuming, i'm just wondering if there is a way for me to allow my Sorcerer to use and become grand master with Twohanded swords, i've already added the proficiencies, but i'm not sure if there is anything else i need to do
Post edited by Sereverus on

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Do you have dltcep? You need to alter every two handed sword to allow sorcerers to use them. This may or may not be very time consuming. I don't know how many two handed swords are in the game. There is a quicker way using weidu. There is a thread here about removing weapon restrictions for all classes. In that thread, I posted a mini mod that gave fighter usability to all classes. It can be modified to just two handed swords for just sorcerers in the tp2, but it may look a bit like an alien language. If you want to start doing sine serious modding, I can direct you to some of the many tutorials. If not, I don't mind altering the code for you. Not at my computer now, but I could to it by tomorrow
  • SereverusSereverus Member Posts: 70
    edited August 2015
    i actually downloaded your file from that convo, after editing the Weapprof.2da i am able to use everything i want, a few more modifications, and i'll likely be able to make my dragon disciple super powered XD but no i don't have dltcep, don't even know where i would find it ^^; i rarely mod my games without weidu installers
    Sereverus said:

i actually downloaded your file from that convo, after editing the Weapprof.2da i am able to use everything i want, a few more modifications, and i'll likely be able to make my dragon disciple super powered XD but no i don't have dltcep, don't even know where i would find it ^^; i rarely mod my games without weidu installers

I'm glad you can use everything you want!

Dltcep is extremely useful for modding. It allows you to easily create abilities and items. The beamdog team actually uses it. It can be found here:
    http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=23917#entry196679

There you will always find the most up to date version.

Thanks a ton! i've been curious as to where to find it, you my good.....sir? are a wonderful person, thx for being so helpful to everyone, me included ^^
    edited August 2015
    Sereverus said:

Thanks a ton! i've been curious as to where to find it, you my good.....sir? are a wonderful person, thx for being so helpful to everyone, me included ^^

My pleasure bud! (An informal "sir" will work, but please note that I do not pretend to have been knighted! :)
    Post edited by Grammarsalad on
    While I'm providing useful links, this should help you get a feel for the sorts of abilities that you can attach to items or abilities/spells:

http://gibberlings3.net/iesdp/opcodes/bgee.htm

Each "#" is what is known as an 'opcode'. So, if you see somebody talking about (eg) "opcode 178", they are talking about "Spell Effect: THAC0 vs. Creature Type Modifier" (i.e. to hit bonuses against certain creature types). If you are interested in doing some modding, practice making spells and items first. Then try a kit (there is a wonderful tutorial stickied here). Then perhaps read some weidu documentation to get a better feel of what is actually being done:

http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/README-WeiDU.html

Perhaps then think about scripting (or do that earlier--it's my favorite). You would look in the weidu link above, but I think that there other tutorials out there as well. But you can also look at 'triggers' and 'actions' here:
    http://gibberlings3.net/iesdp/scripting/triggers/bgeetriggers.htm

and here:
    http://gibberlings3.net/iesdp/scripting/actions/bgeeactions.htm
    respectively. (the second link, 'actions' gives you a feel for the basic structure of scripts).

Anyway, tons to learn if you're interested. Personally, I like modding more than playing!
    fun fact when i was 15 i started what would be a 3 year project with RPG maker XP, made a 120 gb game that was lost when my computer fried itself
    Sereverus said:

fun fact when i was 15 i started what would be a 3 year project with RPG maker XP, made a 120 gb game that was lost when my computer fried itself

Ouch! I keep everything backed up on a flash drive. Just... Ouch!

yeah i wish i had had one, but it was back on a xp gateway that had been updated from 95, we had had that computer since i was 4 XD