Skip to content

[Windows] [Steam] Sirine Queen Issues

gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
edited August 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
I recently submitted a bug report about killing Arkion and having his robe's ground image fragment (issue #15973), and I just had this same issue with the Sirine Queen on the northern werewolf island area (AR1500). After talking to her and killing her, the amulet she dropped on the ground (a pearl necklace) has a very small portion that floats off to the side, which could easily go unnoticed, but when you hover the cursor over the icon you can see the blue outline floating off to the side.

Additionally, I didn't get any XP from killing her. I don't know if that was intended or not.

I managed to recreated this issue by reloading a save right before coming into the area for the first time, and included it just in case it's needed.

Steps to recreate:
1) Load attached save
2) Speak to Sirine Queen (options 3-3)
3) Kill Sirine Queen (my Dorn and CHARNAME will make short work of her)
4) Hover cursor over the items she drops, and a small blue outline will appear near one of the characters who killed her.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2015
    Doesn't she also drop a dead corpse of the brother of one of the "fisherman"? Pearl necklace uses the same bam file for its ground icon as the necklace dropped by Arkion.

This seems like its a duplicate report of the previous issue.

I checked her game files and tested it using your save. Sirine Queen gives 6000xp when you kill her.
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    Yes she does drop the corpse of the fisherman's brother. As to the no XP issue, I killed her in kind of a funky way. I sent in my main character to solo her, and she charmed him as expected, but he kept attacking her anyway (possibly because he managed to poison her before being turned, which caused her to attack him again, and then him to attack her in turn). When he killed her, he was still hostile toward the rest of my party. Maybe that's why I got no XP when I did it. I am absolutely positive I didn't get any XP when I did it though.