Skip to content

With the upcomming SoD, want to create new party and new game and a Shaman.

I will be doing a new party and a new game of BG1EE to be able to play with this party uppon the release of SoD. But my worry is that I will have to delete one of my character to be able to play the new class: shaman. Could you release a mod or even patch it in BG1EE so we can create a shaman that we grow attached to and be able to equip all along without the need of deleting an existing character uppon the release :(?

This would logically apply to BG2EE as well for those who wants to continue even further.

Sorry for my terrible English haha

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    There's no limit on how many characters you can create - you don't need to delete anyone to make a new shaman. :)
  • KhoryaceKhoryace Member Posts: 79
    yes but I make a party of 6 from the begining and I never switch any characters
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    So you want to change one of your existing characters into a shaman? You'll have to use EEKeeper for that.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    What i think he is trying to say is that he would like to be able to play with a shaman (CHARNAME?) and grow attached to that character before SoD comes out. So that once it does get released, he'll be able to jump into it with a geared character that he has played up from level 1, instead of just adding one to the party in SoD. He doesn't like to change party members (most people don't) so just adding a random medium level character in SoD wouldn't feel right.

I do agree with him.
    SionIV said:

What i think he is trying to say is that he would like to be able to play with a shaman (CHARNAME?) and grow attached to that character before SoD comes out. So that once it does get released, he'll be able to jump into it with a geared character that he has played up from level 1, instead of just adding one to the party in SoD. He doesn't like to change party members (most people don't) so just adding a random medium level character in SoD wouldn't feel right.

I do agree with him.

Exactly what I meant ^^
    So I guess not
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    I too would love to play through BG EE with a Shaman early and have it ready to go when SoD comes out, I doubt this will be an option unfortunately, as I am unaware if the class will even be added to the excising games for those who don't have the expansion. I think a cool idea though would be to make the Shaman class unlockable in BG EE early if you pre order the Expansion.
  • JaskoJasko Member Posts: 31

I too would love to play through BG EE with a Shaman early and have it ready to go when SoD comes out, I doubt this will be an option unfortunately, as I am unaware if the class will even be added to the excising games for those who don't have the expansion. I think a cool idea though would be to make the Shaman class unlockable in BG EE early if you pre order the Expansion.

Getting something extra for a pre-order seems appropriate, but making an entire class exclusive for those who pre-order isn't imo. Everyone else will have the original poster's problem.. and should they find out that a select few dont have this problem, I'd imagine they wouldn't be too happy... or at least, I wouldnt be.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    @Jasko Agreed. As the Pre-Order Problem has grown over the years I find myself reflexively not pre-ordering things. I can wait a few years and get ALL the bonuses in the Super Ultra Deluxe editions. Pre-Ordering just gives companies my money to deliver incomplete buggy messes.

I trust Beamdog more than other companies but I'm still not pre-ordering, and if the pre-order bonus is that integral then I'm not buying it either, until maybe it's on sale for $2 for the whole kit and kaboodle.