Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[MOD] Convenient Enhanced Edition NPCs for BG:EE, SoD and BG2:EE

124»

Comments

• UlbUlb Member Posts: 290
    megamike15 wrote: »
    i don't know how you could make dorn passive in bg 1. as he is still the only ee npc that will interrupt you when you don't want him to. mabey do what another mod did and move him to the mines and have his cutscene not start until you talk to him like neera.

But.. Dorn IS passive in BG1, though it is not immediately obvious to the player, I guess.
    His cut scene gets 'activated' by talking to him in the Friendly Arm. If you leave him alone it won't ever trigger.

megamike15
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 2,809
    Yes, Dorn is passive in both BG1 and BG2. Rasaad is basically passive in BG1 as well, but he interferes when you fight the assassins in Nashkel. That's why I included an option to make him passive as well.

• UlbUlb Member Posts: 290
    argent77 wrote: »
    Yes, Dorn is passive in both BG1 and BG2. Rasaad is basically passive in BG1 as well, but he interferes when you fight the assassins in Nashkel. That's why I included an option to make him passive as well.

But getting to tell him that you really don't have time for his shitty proverbs is the best thing about him!

argent77
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,295
    what do you think about lowering hexxat's STR by 3-4 and increasing INT by 3-4 for the mage multiclasses?

Hexxat's strength originates from her race (or special condition) rather than from her profession. Even as a mage she would be exceedingly strong and agile. But the general idea to shift primary attributes towards the newly chosen class sounds good.

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,295
    edited September 2019
    if she had 17 strength, with three points shifted to INT, it would still mean she's exceptionally strong, especially seeing how her portrait suggests a slender physique

or, perhaps, two points shifted from STR to INT (16), or, perhaps 1 from STR and DEX to keep them both at the same value

edit: or maybe DEX -2, INT +2

• AbelAbel Member Posts: 740
    I really like what you did to unlock the NPC items. It's frustrating to miss on several good items because you didn't recruit a NPC. But it seems your 'restoration' list is incomplete. At least that's what I can tell from comparing your readme and this list.

Abel wrote: »
    I really like what you did to unlock the NPC items. It's frustrating to miss on several good items because you didn't recruit a NPC. But it seems your 'restoration' list is incomplete. At least that's what I can tell from comparing your readme and this list.

Yeah, looks like I missed a couple of items. From what I can see the following stuff could potentially be restored as well:
    Dorn:
    - Wand of Glitterdust

Neera:
    - Robe of invocation
    - Robe of Chaos Shield
    - Tunic of Blindeye
    - Wooden Horse necklace
    - Green Dragon Potion
    - Wand of spell striking
    - Cloak of the Lich
    - Kazrah´s shield

Rasaad:
    - Cloak of unerrring strikes
    - Shadow Dragon Scales

• ArthasIIArthasII Member Posts: 177
    Question: do new npcs get actually removed from baldur's gate, or just disabled?

I don't understand if there are going to be issues with npc mods that actually have content for these npcs.

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 10,070
    I hate that I'm going to use this, but there's been a bug since pre-2.5 that makes Neera and Rasaad's cutscenes crash the game. I need this just to be able to play the game.