Skip to content

Win 10 Mouse Offset/Clipped

Running Windows 10 with system display settings "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" set to 125%, I get the following in-game behavior:

With hardware cursor on: to click on a button, I have to move the visual mouse cursor 25% further down and to the right of where the button actual is;

With hardware cursor off: the visual mouse cursor and the location of the click are the same, but the cursor won't move further than 80% down or to the right on the screen.

I had the equivalent system setting at 125% in Windows 7 with no issues in the game.

It works fine in Windowed mode--the issue only occurs in Full Screen mode.

Comments

• BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Damn, I thought I had my games working properly. I ran into the same problem with the offset to the point that I couldn't even enter any menus, and had to run the game in my Windows 7 OS in order to disable the hardware mouse. But now I'm having that problem you mention of the mouse not moving to the edges of the screens. These games obviously need an update to make them compatible with Windows 10. Fortunately I'm running a dual boot system so I'll still be able to play them with Windows 7.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    @ PlotinusRedux

I found a fix on the Steam forums. Right click on the .exe file, go to Compatibility and select "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". The game will work properly without having rescale your desktop.