Skip to content

A Dumb Question

This question WILL be dumb, but...up till now, in both Enhanced Edition, have ANY new models/buildings,items...you know, things we see in the game as we walk around...have been added? I'm not talking about the inventory items pictures, but the game world.

Comments

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    There was new maps added for the quests of each new potential party NPC, as well as assorted new NPCs and the like.

How come you're asking?
  • MaciejSMaciejS Member Posts: 28
    I mean whether these maps included new textures.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I am still not entirely sure what you're getting at. The BG games' maps, being pre-rendered 2D images, do not use textures in the same direct sense that most 3D games does. But of course the objects in the original scenes rendered into 2D would have had new textures. Well, presumably.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    There's definitely some new looks to the new areas. Their rendering is in a slightly different style.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Yep, the new areas are 100% new art. But as was pointed out before, the BG games use pre-rendered 2D images, so the idea of "new textures" does not apply.
    scriverJuliusBorisov
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Even the already released EE games (except IWDEE) contain new areas with brand new art.
    elminsterJuliusBorisov