Skip to content

Minsc stuck in "selection sound" loop when berserk ends

toxintoxin Member Posts: 57
First - no spoilers please :)

Somehow I've reached a state where misc starts repeating his "selection dialog" ("Minsc and Boo stand ready", "Swords, not words", etc) repeatedly and indefinitely if I activate his berserk mode. It happens right when the berserk state ends, stops if I go berserk again and then when that session ends it happens again ans so on. I've tried removing and re-adding him to the party, no go.

Save game attached.

EDIT - I noticed that leaving an area also stops the loop, but going berserk again the issue persists.
EDIT 2 - I suspect it has something to do with Keldorn being in the party. Every time minsc went out of berserk mode, Keldorn calmed him down. The last time was when Minsc said "..Thank you Keldorn. You are an inspiration to me" to which Keldorn replied "Lead by example...". The next time after that I went out of berserk the selection loop started.
EDIT 3 - now I'm sure my suspicion as correct. I made Keldorn invisible and Minsc stopped. Also, I can see Keldorn turning to Minsc when the loop starts, he's trying to initiate conversation with him.
Thanks!
Post edited by toxin on

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Here you go.
  • toxintoxin Member Posts: 57
    Jalily said:

Here you go.

Wow, thanks !!
    You guys have a better SLA than the company I work for :wink:
    Jalily said:

Here you go.

BTW what was the issue and how did you solve it?
    edited August 2015
    Jalily said:

Here you go.

I hate to be such a pest but it looks like that save you fixed was in a bad state to begin with - my wizard eye caused the fiend guarding the collar orb to leave his post and now I'm forced to fight the Cambion with all of his thralls and I'm not high-leve enough for that... any chance you could make the same fix with the savegame I'm attaching now? :)

Thanks again!!
    Post edited by toxin on
    edited August 2015
    OK so I did a bit of "reverse engineering" on Jalily's save (with EE Keeper) and figured out that the "MINSCBERSERKER" global variable changed from 1 to 2, which did the trick. High fives all around! :smiley:

Now, to get that blasted cambion...