Skip to content

How to change avatar?

I tried EEkeeping it (from Fighter Male Elf to Fighter Male Human), but it doesn't really work, gets instantly updated to Elf whenever I equip armor piece.

Not a big deal really but I don't really like Elven avatars in this game for fighters, they seem so puny and small :X

Perhaps it's the "update avatar when wearing armor and robes" mod that screws me in this case.

Any idea how to make it permanent? I had the notion of changing the race as well but I'd probably lose Half-elf bonuses along the way (the charm resis, infravision and stuff), no?

Comments

• DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    I do have changed half elf R/C avatar to human with EE keeper and it worked fine, so that mod is propably messing you up
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    You can also install an avatar changing script from BG2Tweaks, which might work for you. Install it, turn on AI, press S on with the character you want to change, and choose.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    its definitely a mod doing that, I have an unmodded game and I change my avatars all the time, the only time that they revert on me is when I dual class them, but then of coarse I can change right back afterwards with EE keeper
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
    Use a hex editor, its a permanent solution and you only have to change two numbers usually.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/672006#Comment_672006

Near the bottom of that thread, I give a brief example on how to do it. If you still cannot figure it out, post your save game and I'll do it for you quick, and post it back here.