Skip to content

Is the source art avaliable for IWD?

pklooppkloop Member Posts: 113
edited September 2012 in Off-Topic
Is there a definitive answer for this yet? I understand they haven't negociated the rights to EE these games yet but assuming they can, can they do a true HD remake?

Either way I'll buy 'em..but it would be cool to see them in high def :-)
Post edited by Coriander on

Comments

• pklooppkloop Member Posts: 113
    Thread title refers to both IWD 1 & 2..don't know how to edit it..
  • PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    edited September 2012
    @pkloop: hove above the bar with your name and press the gear-like button appearing.
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    I too would like to know, but there is probably a NDA covering this and WoTC have cruise missiles pointed @TrentOster in case he violates it..
  • DemossDemoss Member Posts: 52
    The source files would most likely be with Black Isle rather then Bioware for IWD, so that can be a good or a bad sign lol
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Maybe not all is lost. But who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if Bioware found all the art assets in a carton somewhere a few years down the road.
    agris said:

I too would like to know, but there is probably a NDA covering this and WoTC have cruise missiles pointed @TrentOster in case he violates it..

I wouldn't think merely admitting that the source art still exists would violate an NDA but who knows..

• lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    I believe they haven't started negociations about it so they don't know
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @TrentOster, this is the NDA, step out slowly with the suitcase above your head.

"Okay, okay, I've got the source art here. I admit, I stole it from Bioware's top secret underground facility, but those bastards were holding out on me."

"Source art? We were just seeing if we could invite you to a party."
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
    Wizards has something and we haven't looked at it yet.

-Trent
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    oohhhh ominous. do you like cows that exude cash-flavored milk?
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @agris They have everything. The udders come down from the sky above their desks.

Wizards has something and we haven't looked at it yet.

-Trent

Thanks @TrentOster hope you guys can get a deal done..would love some IWD 1&2 EE's. Keep us posted :-)

• MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited September 2012
    I wonder if they made IWD:EE with updated graphics because of source art, how long would it take till someone makes a mod that uses the art from the enhanced IWD into BG:EE and BG2:EE :PP

So basically we would get what we want without Beamdog touching the graphics of BG.

Hoho, gogo Trent IWD:EE!
    Post edited by Mornmagor on