Skip to content

Galactic Keep

proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
I'm curious if anyone has been playing Galactic Keep. It is a new game on iOS only (although I think it will be coming to pc at some point...but don't quote me on that) and is a sci-fi themed tabletop RPG simulation, complete with an actual (virtual) d10 and graph paper maps. It took me a couple of hours of play to get really into it, but I'm glad I stuck with it. It is awesome! The art style is very reminiscent of old TSR D&D module booklets, with a hint of '80's Jon Byrne Fantastic Four thrown in.

The gameplay is pretty simple, but can also be very deep. The story is told entirely through little index card pop-ups, and battle animations are basically your token on the map bumping into the enemy's token. It is not flashy by any means, but is really engrossing and fun. Combat can be pretty unforgiving (consumables are mandatory!). I think I got killed in the first area 10 times, but it never seems to get frustrating.

I'd encourage anyone into old school RPG's to give this game a look! I'd like to hear what others think of it.