Skip to content

250 Locations?

So I read something on the website of there being '250 new locations' in BG2. I'm trying to do a completionist run of the BG games, so in BG1 this means I'll have to take Neera and Rasaad along for a while to access their new areas. What are the new areas in BG2, and do I have to take the NPCs along to experience them? Thanks!

Comments

• DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    I knew they were 30... not 250. And yes, you need to take the new companions for visit the new areas.

http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Baldur's_Gate_II:_Enhanced_Edition
  • KenyonKenyon Member Posts: 142
    Ahh okay. Thanks! I have no idea how I got such a high number. Pity you have to take the characters - nothing against them, but I like forming my own party while exploring the world.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    edited August 2015
    Kenyon said:

Ahh okay. Thanks! I have no idea how I got such a high number. Pity you have to take the characters - nothing against them, but I like forming my own party while exploring the world.

I agree with this point, but as completionist like you i always had to take some companion just for doing the quests (one for all - Valygar for the Sphere quest).
    I like to make a 4 character party (the ones that i always want to keep) and use 2 slots for swap.
    And if you are still playing BG i want to tell you that you can do the quest of Dorn with a good party too.
    First because it's not an evil quest and second because there is the great Helm of opposite alignment, so you don't have to force a low reputation