Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

WEIDU Mods

JTerzinJTerzin Member Posts: 166
Hi... I was wondering how you can install WEIDU mods, for BG:EE and BG2:EE, without the CHITIN.KEY? Anyone know how to do this?

Comments

• subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 11,468
    edited August 2015
    I think the bigger question is, how can you *PLAY* BGEE and BG2EE without chitin.key...

Which is a snarky way to say that, if you have the games then you have that file. And if you have that file then Weidu works great.

What OS are you on? On a Mac you can use Spotlight search to find your chitin.key file, I'm sure Windows has something similar.

Post edited by subtledoctor on
  • JTerzinJTerzin Member Posts: 166
    I run on Windows 7, and I bought both BG:EE and BG2:EE on GOG.com, however, I do not CHITIN.key files in either document folders, or does it have to be in the game directories?

• subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 11,468
    JTerzin said:

or does it have to be in the game directories?

Yup. Find you game directories (maybe by searching for chitin.key across your computer). If they are within \Program Files\ or \(486)Program Files\, consider re-installing into a different directory. (I use c:\GOG games\BGEE etc.)

Anyway, make an alias/shortcut to both game directories on your desktop, and voila, easy access for Weidu modding!

JTerzin