Skip to content

Broken Cult of the Unseeing Eye Quest

DimethylmercuryDimethylmercury Member Posts: 2
EDIT: RESOLVED, SEE MY COMMENT BELOW.

So on my current playthrough, I jogged through the Temple District on my first visit without slowing down. I saw the whole little cultist drama play out in the streets and was invited to follow a dude to the Temple of Helm, but I was focused on other business - I figured I'd take care of beholder cultists later and continued on my way to Mekrath's lair without stopping by at the Temple of Helm.

Some time later, I decide to tackle the Cult of the Unseeing Eye, and I think I may have missed the window of opportunity. Telwyn has nothing to say, just "Helm requires nothing further for the moment. You will be summoned if you are needed." The corridor behind Keldorn in the sewers is a dead end.

I've successfully done the quest on three previous playthroughs, so I don't think I'm missing something fundamental. I didn't realize there was a time limit on following the guy to the Temple of Helm, though.

I tried all sorts of things, including messing around with Global Variables in EE Keeper in an attempt to reset the quest. But I can't figure out what the pertinent variables are.

Anybody have a useful suggestion?
Post edited by Dimethylmercury on

Comments

• zolzol Member Posts: 25
    edited August 2015
    If you are not a Cleric (or neutral Cleric) then talk to High Watcher Oisig, not Telwyn (he gives other quests).
  • DimethylmercuryDimethylmercury Member Posts: 2
    Well, the problem was indeed that Oisig wasn't there. He seems to have simply vanished. Resolved the problem by summoning up a replacement Oisig with CLUA.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    the thing you have to remember is oisig is the one who talks to you in the temple district about the quest, and after he is done talking he will start to walk back to the temple, my guess is that you went into the sewers before he went back to the temple, ( which i guess makes it so he never reaches the temple) hence the reason why he wasn't there, you will also note that once oisig has finished talking to you outside you cannot save your game because all the peasants and such are walking to there scripted areas