Skip to content

[Idea] All party members inventory window.

AliteriAliteri Member Posts: 308
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I always wished for a window that allowed access of all 6 party members' inventory and showed their respective weight allowance, so that juggling those 6 longswords +1 between my mules er... respectful fighters was, well, more convenient.

I realize this is late for [Requests] so let this be a [Idea] for possible source-code powered modding.
Post edited by Tanthalas on

Comments

• zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    @Tanthalas Move this to the "Feature Request" forum?
  • ryu1ryu1 Member Posts: 76
    like the idea, could be a messy display if not properly designed but the idea seems to have merit ^^
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    Or, alternatively, maybe if a character tries to pick up an item but s/he doesn't have enough inventory space for it, the item would automatically end up in the inventory of another character who had enough space/weight.
  • HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288
    ARKdeEREH said:

Or, alternatively, maybe if a character tries to pick up an item but s/he doesn't have enough inventory space for it, the item would automatically end up in the inventory of another character who had enough space/weight.

It has to be displayed to which char it goes to, by the paper doll pulsing or something.

• LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    AWESOME IDEA!!!! This NEEDS to happen. Easing the burden of inventory management? YES PLEASE! :D
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    So like an overall inventory, with all weight allowances added together? It may make video game sense but part of D&D is about managing inventories.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Maybe a screen that just displays the inventory slots next to the character's portraits, with a small bit of text stating the weight limit? Nothing fancy just;
    Portrait: Inventory
    Portrait: Inventory
    Etc >6
    Or maybe Inventory:Portrait, since the Portraits are already on the right side of the screen.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681

So like an overall inventory, with all weight allowances added together? It may make video game sense but part of D&D is about managing inventories.

No, @Aliteri's idea is to have an interface where you can see all your party members' separate inventories on the same screen, making it much easier to allocate items between them.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    Jalily said:

No, @Aliteri's idea is to have an interface where you can see all your party members' separate inventories on the same screen, making it much easier to allocate items between them.

Ahhhh OK, yeah that's a good idea. We still don't know how open the UI is going to be to modding, but maybe a mod could solve this.

• KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    I've never had a problem, that would require such a feature.