Skip to content

Equipped amulet drops while fighting blind priests

sparrow13xsparrow13x Member Posts: 120
edited September 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
When fighting the blind priests in the beholder part of the unseeing eye quest your equipped amulet will sometimes get dropped on the ground and can be lost forever if you rest before picking it up.

This just happened to me for the second time last night when I noticed that my proof against poison amulet was on the ground after the fight. The first time it happened it ruined a solo Inquisitor run by dropping my amulet of power.

I don't know if this is a known bug or not but I thought I should point it out. I'm playing on iPad.

Edit: I'm thinking this may be an issue only when soloing as that's what I'm doing again right now. When I did this quest with s party a few days ago I had no issues.

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Did you wear that amulet, or it was in your backpack? If it was in the backpack and the inventory was full, then this is definitely not a bug.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I bet what is happening is that your character is experiencing a fear effect, sometimes ( even if you are immune) if you get hit by a fear effect you will drop an item ( usually an amulet, I've even seen armor dropped this way) another place where I see this happen is in the rift dungeon where you can click on the face that says " the face is screaming" or something like that and a wandering horror ( or some sort of mist creature) and 2 sword spiders come out, the mist creature will use a fear effect and sometimes a party member will drop an item, this happened in the original BG2 and it even says in the manual that sometimes fear effects will make you drop items
  • sparrow13xsparrow13x Member Posts: 120

Did you wear that amulet, or it was in your backpack? If it was in the backpack and the inventory was full, then this is definitely not a bug.

It was equipped both times and my bags were not full so I don't think that was it.
    sarevok57 said:

I bet what is happening is that your character is experiencing a fear effect, sometimes ( even if you are immune) if you get hit by a fear effect you will drop an item ( usually an amulet, I've even seen armor dropped this way) another place where I see this happen is in the rift dungeon where you can click on the face that says " the face is screaming" or something like that and a wandering horror ( or some sort of mist creature) and 2 sword spiders come out, the mist creature will use a fear effect and sometimes a party member will drop an item, this happened in the original BG2 and it even says in the manual that sometimes fear effects will make you drop items

I'm playing a Berserker/Thief and fought that battle while enraged so I guess that's possible, but I've never noticed it in any other locations in the game. And the last time I experienced this I was playing an Inquisitor and I don't think he was immune to fear. I've been feared by dragons and all sorts of other enemies in the past and I've never dropped an item before, and it's just weird that I only notice it while soloing too.

If it's an intended mechanic then they need to mark unique items as critical so they don't vanish if you rest before noticing that they're missing.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    well usually critical items can't vanish, if you can't sell it at a store ( the item is faded out) then you can leave it on the ground and it won't vanish ( like a ring of gaxx or flail of the ages for example) also I have played through SoA a few thousand times back in the day, and I would say only about 20 of those times have I dropped something from a fear effect ( 99% of the time it was an amulet, and 1% of the time it would be armor - kinda strange that you would get so scared you just slip right out of your armor eh?- )