Skip to content

Cannot target vampire bat form

toxintoxin Member Posts: 57
Hi,

I'm in Firkraag's dungeon and when I encounter the vampires, they sometimes shape-shift into bat form (especially the Ancient Vampire). When they do, I can't target them anymore (there is no red selection circle below them, even though I can see the bat and when I press tab it does show its name and status), but somehow my party members can (using the party AI). The weird thing is, they hit them with melee weapons from afar - weirder still, each party member is in a different location, hitting air but still inflicting damage on the bat, with weapon effect animations showing where the bat is. The cheesy thing is, the vampire can and does hit me while in this state.

I have SCS v30 installed with the improved vampires component selected, perhaps that is related?
Savegame attached.

Thanks!

Comments

• RedWizardRedWizard Member Posts: 242
    The same also happens to me.
    Usually I just leave AI on and you will auto attack them.
    Also the damage they do in vamp form is hilarious... must be some 19 STR bats with +5 fangs.
  • toxintoxin Member Posts: 57
    Can the AI make CHARNAME attack? Because I don't recall that happening...
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    @toxin Yeah, if you apply a script to your Charname. How well it works depends entirely on what class you are playing, and what script you are using.
    What would you recommend for a berserker? I'll just turn it on in these situations and then turn it off once the bat is dead.
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
    toxin said:

Hi,

I'm in Firkraag's dungeon and when I encounter the vampires, they sometimes shape-shift into bat form (especially the Ancient Vampire). When they do, I can't target them anymore (there is no red selection circle below them, even though I can see the bat and when I press tab it does show its name and status), but somehow my party members can (using the party AI). The weird thing is, they hit them with melee weapons from afar - weirder still, each party member is in a different location, hitting air but still inflicting damage on the bat, with weapon effect animations showing where the bat is. The cheesy thing is, the vampire can and does hit me while in this state.

I have SCS v30 installed with the improved vampires component selected, perhaps that is related?
    Savegame attached.

Thanks!

I'm playing your game now, thanks!
    JuliusBorisovGanda
    T2av said:

I'm playing your game now, thanks!

Haha, you should have waited after the weekend my friend!
    So much more powerful now ;)
    JuliusBorisovGanda
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited January 2016
     This is an issue on my BG2EE/SCS install as well; it seems to be tied to the animation change property associated with DW#VMBAT.itm, which is a 'weapon' in the third weapon slot of SCS vampires that when equipped, turns them into their bat shape. Apparently there are two types of bat animations, bat_inside and bat_outside. One is target-able/has a 'circle' underneath the creature, the other is/does not. The question is, was the intent to make vamps while in bat shape untargettable (which would be quite strange; there's nothing inherent about bats, in spite of being small, that makes them impossible to target with weapons or spells in the original game... or real life...) or is this a bug which can be corrected by using NI to change to the other animation?

I'm assuming it's a bug and changing the animation to bat_outside using Near Infinity.