Skip to content

BG - Item Selling Suggestions

gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
edited September 2015 in Feature Requests
Here's a few suggestions regarding selling items that I've noticed in my most recent playthrough of the game:

Selling Quest-Related Amulets/Rings – There are numerous unique pieces of quest-related jewelry in the game that cannot be sold (Nemphre’s Onyx Ring, Arkion’s Bloodstone Amulet, Angel the Cat’s Angel Skin Ring, etc). The items should all have a quest related to them, but you cannot sell them at any point. You could still potentially pickpocket/loot them off of the quest person, but since you can’t sell them, there’s no point. Suggestion: Make it so these items can be sold; the change in names should be enough to warn people that they are selling a quest related item.

Selling Stacks From Containers– Okay, this one could potentially be tough to understand, so bear with me. When selling stacks of items from a container (gem bag, scroll case, potion bag) you have to double click on the item, and then up the amount of the stacked item to sell the entire stack each time you want to sell a stack. This can get quite tedious. Items in stacks that are not in a container can be sold with just a single click. This is because inside the container it is shown as ten increments of one, instead of one increment of ten (ten just being an example number). This annoyance also occurs when taking items out of one of the containers. Suggestion: Make items function more as stacks within a container than as numerous amounts of single items, that way you can sell the whole stack with a single click instead of having to click a whole bunch of times. I think the ammo storage containers in BGII work properly when selling stacks, so this could potentially be copied over to gem bags, scrolls cases, and potion bags.

Selling Basic Ammo – In vanilla BG, you could not sell basic arrows, bolts, or bullets (which came in stacks of 20). Now, you still can’t sell them, even though the stacks can go up to 80. I don’t see why not be able to sell them back at half cost (ie sell a stack of 40 for 1 GP).

Adoy’s Belt Should be Worth More than 1 GP - When I go to sell Adoy’s Belt at 9 reputation, I’m only offered 1 GP. It’s not the best belt out there, but surely it’s worth more than 1 GP. Suggestion: Change the gold value of the belt to be more valuable.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    was adoy's belt identified? items that aren't identified will be sold for 1 GP, no matter what the item is, but if the belt is identified and still worth 1 GP then I do agree it should be worth a little bit more
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    Yes it was, though now that you've pointed that out there is always the possibility that it is glitched and the store isn't recognizing it as identified.
    edited September 2015
    A couple of related suggestions:

Selling Slings/Quarterstaves/Clubs/etc - This is like the selling ammunition suggestion. It doesn't make sense to me that you can't sell these items. I'd suggest making it so you can sell them.

Can't Sell Werebane/Sword of Balduran - I haven't found a store that will buy these items. I see no reason why people wouldn't want to buy these items. People are willing to buy Balduran's Ship Log and even his Butter Knife, but not his sword? It makes no sense. I'd suggest making it so they can be sold.
    Post edited by gugulug5000 on
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    edited September 2015
    Trying to imagine the conversation with my local pawnbroker:

"Hey man, what will you give me for this strap of fabric? Before you answer, keep in mind that it's got a little pouch in it. Also, I've got this piece of wood. I'd say it's a good seven, eight feet long, which is pretty cool, no? I bet you could probably sell these for like a dollar each."
    Post edited by joluv on
    Haha! Touche, but these are also stores that already sell slings/quarterstaffs. I don't see why they wouldn't want some more of the items they are selling.