Skip to content

BGEE/BG2EE and IWDEE on Win 8.1 Tablet

So far the game plays well on my DVP8, touchscreen only, with one niggle, well two. The biggest is there is no easy way to toggle the "hint"/"door" highlight feature. On PC this is TAB and needs to be held but on iPad/iOS they added a GUI toggle button. There was some mention of setting it to always on in the baldur.ini file, but it may have been android only, but I could not find the reference on my android version to see if that would work for PC, so perhaps it did not make the last patch after all.

As I have the android version as well, I was wondering if it would be possible to take the GUI files from that and add it to the Windows version (.BAMs and CHUI files I believe) and if it would work? Don't know how much of the GUI is hard coded, or if that hint feature as a toggle function is even in the Windows build.

The only other issue is mousing around the screen, but this isn't that bad. I can touch the edges and mouse around, though sometimes it acts as a highlight drag, but its not that bad.

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I wonder how difficult it would be for Beamdog to put a proper touch-friendly version on the Windows app store. I'm not big on Android but the lack of BG right now makes me not want to buy a Windows tablet.
  • slowpingslowping Member Posts: 2
    Sadly, I don't think Beamdog will ever work on this. The market of tablet PCs is too small.