Skip to content

Can EE series support i-Pad Pro?

darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
http://www.apple.com/ipad-pro/

Apple announce new device will be ready around Nov ,

So,
can we expect new expansion of BG-EE running in this brand new device someday?

Pencil , Smart Cover also possible to work with BG-EE? Need extra core upgrade ? Or high development resources?

Comments

• darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    darrenkuo said:

http://www.apple.com/ipad-pro/

Apple announce new device will be ready around Nov ,

So,
    can we expect new expansion of BG-EE running in this brand new device someday?

Pencil , Smart Cover also possible to work with BG-EE? Need extra core upgrade ? Or high development resources?

Wow,
    Adobe offical blog confirm iPad-Pro has 4G RAM.

http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2015/09/adobe-debuts-the-next-generation-of-mobile-creativity-apps-during-apple-ipad-pro-keynote.html

It's should be no performance issue anymore when BG-EE running in this machine,
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    It will work fine as it is on iPad-tobigtohold. All those gimicky features would add nothing to the game.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Looks like the iPad-Pro will run iOS, so it should work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Nice! Using the pencil will add ease of use when selecting and adventuring on the new i-Pad!
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited September 2015
    It's a PC game. The iPad version is a port. They aren't going to have the gameplay diverge across different versions.

It's easy enough to orientate a full team, apart from where positions are preset in cut scenes.

I would imagine anything that will run on a current iPad will run on Apple TV, but it would be a lot cheeper to buy a PC and a regular TV.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    Fardragon said:

It's a PC game. The iPad version is a port. They aren't going to have the gameplay diverge across different versions.

It's easy enough to orientate a full team, apart from where positions are preset in cut scenes.

I would imagine anything that will run on a current iPad will run on Apple TV, but it would be a lot cheeper to buy a PC and a regular TV.

For my personal view , I don't think current BG interface is really suitable for tablet ,

But for short time such like 30 minutes enjoy the game with portable device , it is still amazing experience,
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605

With the introduction of Force Touch (or "3D Touch," whatever) to upcoming iPads, Beamdog really has no more excuse not to make this work.

The addition force touch does not mean Beamdog has "no more excuse" since this would only solve the problem for this one bit of hardware that will make up a very small fraction of players. It just is not worth the development time. If they were to implement the ability to orient the party (something I think they should do) they should do it in a way that *all* mobile devices could use (i.e. all iOS and Android devices). That being said a much better solution would be to make three-finger-drag (or two-finger-drag or double-tap-and-drag etc...) do this.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.