Skip to content

Rangers and Arrows/Bolts/Bullets

T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
It doesn't make much sense that Rangers or more specifically, Archers... Cannot properly identify ammunition for their bow/xbows/slings. I find this odd and contradictory to the class itself.
JuliusBorisovargent77kjeron

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Do you mean you'd like it if a Ranger's Lore score would be increased when viewing arrows, bolts, and bullets?

Or do you mean you want them to automatically identify these items?
    JuliusBorisov
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Item category-specific Lore bonuses or penalties for certain classes or kits sounds interesting, ideally when externalized into a 2DA file. For example, Fighters could gain a lore bonus for weapons/armors/shields/helmets, Archers for arrows/bolts/bullets, Thieves for daggers/small swords, Mages for scrolls/amulets/rings/wands or Clerics for scrolls/potions/blunt weapons.
    T2avGrammarsaladJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
    argent77 said:

Item category-specific Lore bonuses or penalties for certain classes or kits sounds interesting, ideally when externalized into a 2DA file. For example, Fighters could gain a lore bonus for weapons/armors/shields/helmets, Archers for arrows/bolts/bullets, Thieves for daggers/small swords, Mages for scrolls/amulets/rings/wands or Clerics for scrolls/potions/blunt weapons.

That sounds actually like a really good idea. I hadn't thought of that..
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
    edited September 2015
    Dee said:

Do you mean you'd like it if a Ranger's Lore score would be increased when viewing arrows, bolts, and bullets?

Or do you mean you want them to automatically identify these items?

Lore score should be increased when viewing these specific items.

It has always kind of bugged me that I had to identify arrows for an Archer by passing them to someone who could identify them. Imagine the conversation... “hey I don't know what these arrows are, can you identify them for me?" Other person replies “aren't you an Archer?"
    JuliusBorisov
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    argent77 said:

I absolutely LOVE this idea!
    T2avJuliusBorisov
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    I'd like it if characters got, say, +5 lore when identifying any item they're allowed to use, and then an additional +5 per proficiency point for weapons (and corresponding ammo).