Skip to content

Eagle Bow?

Does anyone have information on the Eagle Bow?

I have visited the BG Wiki and the Eagle Bow is missing, despite there being a link from the Marek page - http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Marek

I've reminded those who run the site to create an Eagle Bow page with the proper information, icon and picture of Eagle Bow but it continues to get deleted and no information on Eagle Bow is created.

Why is there a link to Eagle Bow from Marek but no Eagle Bow entry?

Why is the Eagle Bow entry reminders I created deleted and no Eagle Bow entry created?

Where is Eagle Bow?

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Wow--the Eagle Bow isn't even an inventory item any more. I just did a search for "eagle" in NearInfinity and it returned zero results. Marek now carries Protector of the Dryads, a +2 shortbow...but it looks like perhaps the old Eagle Bow was merely rewritten as this new bow--they have exactly the same stats as well as the same picture.

*shrug* I have no idea why Eagle Bow was replaced. Still...a +2 shortbow in this game is a pretty good weapon.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Okay, thanks.

Hopefully that Baldur's Gate Wiki gets updated properly, and stops linking to Eagle Bow - it does have an entry for Protector of the Dryads - so just the link from Marek referencing Eagle Bow needs to be fixed.

Anyone who runs the Baldur's Gate Wiki and reads this, please fix.

Sadly, Mike's RPGCenter doesn't give the description or history of the item, but appreciated nevertheless, brave warriors!

RAWR!
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    well what happened in the EE series is the devs, gave all the magical weapons their special names, instead of their default names, for example, in bg1 there is a weapon called; longsword +2 , but it's special name is Varcasona, so when you identify this weapon, it will no longer display as longsword+2, it will be displayed as Varcasona instead