Skip to content

[Classes\Kits Request] Enhance Wild Mage

AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
(Reddit request by kutovy)

Also this should be fun and interesting in theory, BG2 wild mage left us with "Nahal's Reckless Dweomer" spell to play with and wild surge table effects (http://www.scribd.com/doc/48057202/11/WILD-SURGE-TABLE). There is a great mod by JOG, that adds more spells for wild mage (27 new wild magic spells!) and additional kit (Spellshper) which is basically improved version of wild mage and can be used (with some modifications perhaps) as a base for new kit for BGEE.

Wild Mage Additions by JOG (jo.ge@gmx.net) http://mods.jo-ge.net/bg/shaper.htm

"...Throne of Bhaal introduced the wild mage, but didn't feature much wild magic. When playing a wild mage in TOB you end up casting Nahal's Reckless Dweomer time and again, and more often than not, you save/reload, until it works out as you intended (Well, at least I did...). Sovran's "Art of Weaving" mod inspired me to create another kind of Wizard: The "Spellshaper" can cast spells spontaneously like a sorcerer, but instead of being restricted in the number of known spell, he suffers strong restrictions in the number of spells that can be cast per day as well as the speed in which he gains access to new spell levels. While testing this kit, I realized that the game still misses wild magic spells. First I made a few spells, a spellshaper learned automatically, but then the spells grew more and more. So I decided to make 2 spells for each spell-level and give all wild mages the opportunity to learn them.."

It would be great to implement in BGEE additional spells for wild mage.. or perhaps even add something like this Spellshper kit.

Hope I am not the only one wild mage fan over here :)
Post edited by Anton on
GlanduinlooterNordomPantalionlunarbloodcarver

Comments

• AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    Comments from Reddit:

[–]HeroicSpur 3 points 1 month ago
    I agree insofar as it coincides with the more spells thread below (which requests some more for wild mage).

[–]AndreaColombo 1 point 1 month ago
    Actually, the Wild Mage is quite possibly the most powerful class for soloing SoA+ToB if you handle it properly. It's the closest to Jon Irenicus a PC spellcaster can get. There was a post on the Italian BG Community about how to handle Wild Mages to achieve absolute power.
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    Would definitely use this mod with Neera :)
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    Anyone tested whether the mod is compatible with BG:EE? :)
  • KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    edited March 2013
    EPIC BUMP!

I remember playing this mod in TuTu/BG2 and had a blast (literally) playing it.
    So do any modders out there reckon that this one has any potential of ever being converted to BG:EE?

EDIT: The new spells that is. I always found the spellshaper kit itself to be somewhat... lacking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.