Skip to content

Are we there yet?

Comments

• madmaximusmadmaximus Member Posts: 140
    Fhjull Forked-Tongue told me that a pillar made of sages, liars and traitors might have the answers I seek concerning the release date of Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear.
  • nucknuck Member Posts: 4
    Still no updates? Even a plausible rumor?
  • Huskarl2006Huskarl2006 Member Posts: 21
    It has been months.. and still nothing. Not even a screenshot or patch info.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

Yes, it's high time for a little more info.

For example, another batch of screenshots should be very easy for them to do - not another video trailer, which takes a chunk of dev time to prepare, but posting some screenshots to the site ought not to require any significant diversion of effort.

Or a progress report on the Beamblog telling us how it's coming along. For example, are they still adding bells and whistles as Trent Oster mentioned a few weeks ago, or have they finished with that and got to feature-lock now?
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366

I will complain if today is Nov.30th,
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I think by now it's safe to assume the expansion isn't coming out before the end of the year. They would have announced a Christmas release already, methinks.

I've still got my fingers crossed for patches, though.
    Kilivitz said:

I think by now it's safe to assume the expansion isn't coming out before the end of the year. They would have announced a Christmas release already, methinks.

Yes, it's way too late for it to be coming this year, they'd have announced weeks ago if that were going to happen.
    Kilivitz said:

I've still got my fingers crossed for patches, though.

I reckon you'll be disappointed, then. There'll be no patch until the SoD-compatibility patch, and I'm sure that'll be simultaneous (or as nearly as feasible) with the SoD release.
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    I would rather delay Star wars to have SoD deliverd on December 17.
  • FlayerivFlayeriv Member Posts: 23
    I feel the same way Brus.

I'm about to start a three player run of BG2 and I was really hoping to slip a run of this in before we began. But, ah well.
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    That guy on hunger strike must be dead by now.
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    It's called hunger strike not starvation strike, so... it's okay if they just eat very little, right?? :wink:
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    Normally, no food at all. Otherwise it's called a diet
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    Yamcha said:

Normally, no food at all. Otherwise it's called a diet

Depends. In some parts Africa hunger strike is just a normal daily intake of food..
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    How about now?
    Well no surprises there, then.

Now we can start speculating about how widely the meaning of "early" can be interpreted. I'll set the ball rolling: "early" could mean any time between 1st January and 30th June.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I'd like for it to come out at the end of April, then it would be a birthday gift to me :D
    edited December 2015
    My guess is end of February, early march. just a hunch. Buttercheese, your birthday gift should come early.
    I don't know, I'd rather have them spend some more time on it than having a sloppy release again :/
    This is their first original release as a studio, I really don't want them to screw this up, lest it may taint their reputation D:
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Agreed @Buttercheese. It went wrong with the release of BG:EE due to the arbitrary deadline. Hopefully this is not the case here and the release will happen when both the BG:EE patch and SoD are in optima forma.
    Well, I roughly agree ... but in optima forma might be going too far. It'd take forever for them to eliminate even the tiniest faults, and Beamdog can't afford (and we wouldn't wish) to wait quite that long. Good working order with no major faults would do fine, I'm okay with needing a couple of subsequent patches for minor bugs which we discover in use.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited December 2015
    I meant optima forma as in 'the best shape they can get it at that point in time'. Might have been a bit too strong but I wanted to avoid saying 'bugless' as that is unrealistic.
    Post edited by Doubledimas on
    Ah, okay ... "at that point in time" is a key qualification, not necessarily implied by in optima forma alone.
    I want it to run stable and dont have any gamebreakers, I can deal with minor annoyances.
    edited December 2015
    My reasoning for release date goes like this because now is in content lock:
    1 month for pre-beta
    1 month for beta test
    1 month for finalizing it
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    If it goes like IWD:EE it will come out 3-4 weeks after the beta starts.
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    Early is any time BEFORE Xcom 2 release :D:D
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    @Torin I wouldn't hold my breath, XCOM 2 is releasing February 5th on Steam.. that's too short of a timeframe for SoD to arrive I think (considering the usual end of year holidays that many businesses take).
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    Yup. I'd say that Faydark is correct. My guesstimate on earliest possible release is mid february, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that. My guesstimate on most probable release time is sometime in march.
  • SithdreadnaughtSithdreadnaught Member Posts: 22
    Yea!