Skip to content

Evil group

yksimaltyksimalt Member Posts: 115
I am playing all out evil group, with members such as Kagain, Viconia, Shar-Tel, Xzar, Montaron.

My main character being Chaotic Evil, I sometimes allow for her to make erratic choices with a more obscure motive, to allow the group to take part of a wider amount quests.

For example, she always pretends to be polite when meeting Elminster, but secretly thinks he is an enemy of some sort.

Has anyone tried to play an all evil group, and how have you fared?

Comments

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I won't deny that I usually fail at evil groups of any kind. I feel like the quests are too off-balance "good" vs "evil". I will however have a much bigger success leading an evil party as a Chaotic Neutral kind of person, with a peasant or two getting killed on the way, purely out of them being 'in the way' of course!

Main targets to lower reputation back to neutrality are some such as the belt dwarf in Friendly Army Inn, Algernon in Beregost, and other such NPCs that drop a particularly useful item - I'm a bad person, I know.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    There are only two major drawbacks to playing evil parties in BGEE and they are both tied to having too low a reputation: prices in stores become outrageous and venturing into "settled" areas will trigger random groups of Flaming Fist to attack. Keeping a reputation of 7 or 8 will keep your evil party members "happy" and won't make the prices go up too high. Note that a high charisma will offset the modest price increase due to having a slightly low reputation.

If, however, money isn't a problem and you don't mind kicking city guard butt then feel free to enjoy reputation limbo--how low can you go?
  • SharguildSharguild Member Posts: 186
    edited September 2015
    I personally have the thought that "evil" doesn't necessarily mean acts bad all the time. I think of Edwin as a perfect example. Using insidious means to get what you desire can mean using fawning accolades as well as turn-coat tactics. Whatever means justifies the end.
    As @Mathsorcerer suggests though, it can be a pain in this game being "bad" but not I suggest "evil".
    I think the OP was alluding to this.