Skip to content

dragon breath's Secondary Type uncorrect

the Secondary Type of dragon breath is uncorrect

in the game most of the dragon breath 's Secondary Type of is MAGINATTACK
but MAGINATTACK is magicattack spell 's Secondary Type like SPWI513:Breach (and Spell Thrust, Secret Word, Lower Resistance, Pierce Magic, Ruby Ray, Khelben's Warding Whip, Pierce Shield, and Spellstrike)
this means SPWI519:Spell Shield can protect from most of the dragon breath because
the effect of SPWI519 is Immunity Secondary Type Decrement and Secondary Type is 4(Magic Attack)
so it's uncorrect

i think such spl files have such problem:
SPIN894.spl
OHBDRAG1.spl
SPIN535.spl
SPIN595.spl
SPIN596.spl
SPIN691.spl
SPIN832.spl
SPIN833.spl
SPIN893.spl

and only SPIN597 (Blue Dragon Lightning Breath) 's Secondary Type is OFFENSIVEDAMAGE (i think it's correct Secondary Type)

In addition SPIN695(wing buffet) 's Secondary Type is NONE but in the bgee this spl 's Secondary Type is MAGINATTACK also

(* the Secondary Type of Dragon Disciple 's dragon breath is NONE)

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    What is strange, as well, is that dragon breath--at least red dragons, the script I am currently browsing--is not one spell but two. The script does a ForceSpell of spin894 at a target but that spell doesn't appear to do anything--it does have the secondary type of MagicAttack, as @worry notes, but there are no effects. This is followed by ReallyForceSpell of spin693, the actual breath weapon which has secondary type OffensiveDamage and inflicts fire damage.

I do not know why the breath weapon was implemented in that manner. Still...the breath weapon does have a spell level of 6 so it is hypothetically possible that Spell Turning or Spell Deflection will reflect it or deflect it, respectively. I haven't tried that yet.

I don't have clck26 in my override directly so it must not be edited--Cloak of Mirroring applies Protection from Spell Type (opcode 205) with a spell type of OffensiveDamage. In other words, the Cloak of Mirroring makes you immune to dragon breath. I'll have to try that, as well. That will not work against Wing Buffet, though--no secondary type and spell level 0.
  • worryworry Member Posts: 2
    you are right,it's strange.the effect of spin894 is empty and speed is 3.ForceSpell can't instant cast it.
    spin693 is the right breath weapon of red dragon.

i will test Spell Turning or Spell Deflection and Cloak of Mirroring
    i think Spell Turning or Spell Deflection will effect to the target of dragon breath
    and if cloak of mirroring can protect from offensivedamage ,i think the better secondary type of dragon breath is none