Skip to content

Script hiccup

yksimaltyksimalt Member Posts: 115
Sometimes the scripts of my characters hiccup. Both PC and NPC.

The script is set but the character just stands there when enemies swarm. Doing exactly nothing.

Anyone know the origin and/or solution for this bug?

My thanks in advance.

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Which script are you using--one of the default ones, is it from a mod, or did you write it yourself? If default, which one? If from a mod, which one? If you wrote it yourself can you zip it and attach it?
    lolien
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I've also seen the opposite. My characters are all set to "None" and party AI is turned off, but they will often kill a target, then switch to another without me telling them to.
  • yksimaltyksimalt Member Posts: 115
    The script is one of the default ones, 'Cleric aggressive'.

And as I mentioned, Charname just stands there, not even defending while repeatedly taking damage.

I am not sure, but I think I have noticed a pattern emerging after a particular random save. After that it starts to occur, and continues to do so, even after the game has been quit and played at a later occasion.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    edited September 2015
    @BillyYank Oh, that. The problems are the default scripts, either dplayer2 or dplayer3, and possibly the class script on NPCs which, ironically, is named "default". Part of those scripts will either cause the character to attack any enemy which attacked them first or, if already in combat, go after any enemy within weapon range.

@yksimalt Thank you. I'll take at look at that script and see if I can pinpoint the culprit.
  • yksimaltyksimalt Member Posts: 115
    Perhaps I should be more specific. I mean that all scripts hiccup.

All NPC and the Charname just stand there.

It is not a single one script that hiccups. And the NPC are using other scripts than the one Charname is using.

If I select group, and attack a single enemy, the all go for it, so there is no problem with the obeying of commands.

But once dead, the group just stand idle, even though several foes still stand and attack.