Skip to content

Watchers Keep floor shortcuts stay shut outside the keep

Playing Bg2ee for the first time, ran into a small issue at Watchers Keep.

Though I can normally exit the Keep using portals as usual, I cant use the shortcuts from outside to get back in, the doors all stayed tightly shut and ofc can't be lockpicked. Never ran into that one before. It was fine for the top floors but having to go through the teleport maze again is a pain :) I have the wardstone in my bags. Actually its in Hexxat's pseudo bag of holding, maybe I should try taking it out of that just in case.

Just wondering if theres any known issues.

Comments

• valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    Issue persists if the vigil stone (that probably has nothing to do with it, but just in case) is outside Hexxat's bag of holding.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    The opened/closed states of the doors are controlled by game variables. The wardstones are only needed if you want to enter the doors.

The variable for opening the door to the teleport maze should have been set automatically as soon as you entered the room where you could find the Scepter of Radiance. You can try setting the variables manually in the game console for the doors that are still closed.

Wizard Library:
    C:SetGlobal("OpenDungeonDoor2","GLOBAL",1)
    Teleport Maze:
    C:SetGlobal("OpenDungeonDoor1","GLOBAL",1)
    Machine of Lum:
    C:SetGlobal("OpenDungeonDoor3","GLOBAL",1)
    Grand Seal:
    C:SetGlobal("OpenDungeonDoor4","GLOBAL",1)
    Demogorgon:
    C:SetGlobal("OpenDungeonDoor5","GLOBAL",1)
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Is it possible you're on the wrong set of stairs?
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    Thanks - I was pretty sure those console commands would do the trick, but incredibly enough, no matter whether I use them off-map or not, the doors all remain locked.

And I had of course tested all the 5 doors before posting so no, not on the wrong set of stairs.

Not a huge deal either way, weird quirk though.
  • SpiteSpite Member Posts: 18
    I'm having this exact same issue. Tried reseting the variables to 0 in hope that triggering them again helps but no luck.
  • BleriotBleriot Member Posts: 31
    Did you check
    C:GetGlobal("HelmRitualDone","GLOBAL")?

Once there was some mod that scrambled that global, can't remember which one it was but maybe you have it installed.