Skip to content

Critisism regarding the new User Interface etc.

HadrielHadriel Member Posts: 13
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
This is with regards to the new screenshot posted just now by Beamdog, look at the stickys at "General" section of the forums.

I will keep this as constructive as I can, but I fear I have nothing but complaints:

1. You were bragging about having rebuilt the user interface from the ground up, with high resolution textures etc. How is that high resolution textures for the user interface? They look worse then textures for vanilla BG from 1998.

2. Why did you completely rape the chat window? Please tell me it's possible to extend it all the way to the sides of the screen? If not, then congratulations, you just made it less user friendly. Nothing but wasted space on the screen.

3. Where is the consistency? A guy calling himself Karwal, who is an AMATEUR made BG-style portraits that went hand in hand with the portraits in BG1 + BG2. You had several months, a budget, and a team of professionals reworking things, and you produce that? At least put those portraits in photoshop, and reconfigure them a bit more, or do we need to do it ourselves?

4. Golden lines on the user interface. On the left side the golden line is going all the way down, on the right side it doesn't. You might want to finish that or did the designer quit about 95% through?

5. What's up with all those buttons on the right side? More is not always better. At least move them to the left side, with those other buttons. Let portraits have their own field.

6. Why does user interface on the freaking IPAD completely owns the user interface for PC? Who the hell is the focus group _ P R I M A R I L Y _? I bet your ass most of your customers buying this are PC users. Talk about priorities.

To sum up: you got 10+ days to go. And in my opinion, you got A LOT to work on. Don't rush compressing the game yet, 'cause if that's the final product, then son, I am dissapointed.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.