Skip to content

BGEE + BG2EE no cheating SOLO: Cavalier, Undead Hunter, or Inquisitor?

I'm leaning towards inquisitor but am sort of curious on Cavalier/Undead hunter.

I'm planning on using Carsomyr so at some point I feel the Inquisitor bonuses are going to be useless. Why would I need to cast dispel when I can just run in and whack stuff?

On the other hand, it would be nice to gain some quick EXP from being immune to the dryads in BG1.

If I go Undead Hunter, I get to use the amulet of Cheetah speed instead of the Amulet of Power (level drain) which means IMPROVED HASTE CARSOMYR.

Cavalier looks even better because it has no disadvantages at all (azureedge) and I suppose I can buff with amulet + replace.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    instead of the amulet of cheetah speed, why not use the bracers of blinding speed I believe they are called ( bracers from fish prince in the underdark), they give improved haste for 20 seconds I believe, or better yet, the ring of gaxx gives improved haste for 10 seconds 3 times per day, if I were soloing I would probably go with cavalier, as you say you will eventually have huge magic resistance ( I hit 90% in ToB with carsomyr, and 70% with the purifier) and plus, carsomyr dispels magic on each hit, and has the ability to dispel magic 3 times per day at level 30, which A LOT of enemies are not ( usually all the tough ones are around level 21 or so) so carsomyr is almost an inquisitor in a sword, then then there is the undead hunter which can easily be replaced by the mace of disruption, I would highly suggest having some proficiency in maces and bringing that mace along, especially upgrading it to the improved mace of disruption, which not only counts as a +5 weapon ( which even liches have no protection against it - If you are playing an unmodded game-) but it will also give you immunity to level drain, and on top of that, EVERY hit on undead forces them to save vs death or instantly be destroyed, very VERY powerful weapon, and one more suggestion I would use the purifier in ToB instead of carsomyr+6 because the magic res is only 20 less but you can use a shield and with a whopping +5 bonus to AC that can be quite noticeable, but if you are content on using carsomyr the whole way through then by all means do so
  • ahhyepahhyep Member Posts: 114
    I think I'm going to go with Inquisitor. The only thing I could really gain from playing a Cavalier in all honesty is DUHM
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    ahhyep said:

I think I'm going to go with Inquisitor. The only thing I could really gain from playing a Cavalier in all honesty is DUHM

And armor of faith (essential in ToB) and Animate Dead and Holy Smite as well as various elemental and disables protection spells
  • ahhyepahhyep Member Posts: 114
    What HLAs am I going to need? Almost to 2nd Bodhi's lair encounter :)

Thinking 1 deva, 1 whirlwind, rest gww?
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Hardiness, I usually take 3 or 4 of them.