Skip to content

It must BE...........MAGIC?

+I have no idea how what I am going to relate happened. Per chance the computer game gods felt sorry for thiis old guy.
the following is true:
I did not use the "Import" button during the caracter creation to save my character to the character file. I created each character and placed them directly the the starting party screen. After creating 4 human characters to try the
duel class sugestion from a post on the community page abput playing through the first trown in IWDEE then starting over and playing a second time through the same town.
I gave up when I discovered I was starting in HoW instead of IWDEE. I think I used the import button on several
characters because they ended up in the premade character file. SO I did not spend much time on the first game but created three new characters and started in IWDEE. Some how I got to the Barbariens camp and left still alive with no combat and nowhere to go but back to town. I think I quite again and this time a used the Import button 4 timesand created two new characters. Af6ter getting to the camp a second time I was slatered by the Barbarians and quite in disscust. I think I had 4 characters left so I created two new ones and started again. I got to
Kadahar and skipped the Vale of shadows thinking I could get back latere. When I found out that I couldn't get back I started again. I think I created two new characters.
On the next restart I discovered something very strange. The 4 character from the previous party were levels 9
through 11 and the two new characters were level 1. I did not play long enough for them to get to those levels. So
what the heck happened to get them to those levels? Somehow in all thge creating and changing party members they gained levels. I realize thios is not a very helpful naritive of what happened but it is the best that I can remember. SOMEHOW THE 4 CHARACTERS FROM THE PREVIOUS GAME STARTS went um levels on there own.
So like I said "Maybe its magic :-)

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Holdover from starting HoW rather than from the beginning? New characters created into HoW start at minimum level 9.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited October 2015
    Your post gets a bit confusing, but I concur that any character you create by starting in HoW will start at lvl 9 or such. You can import those mid level characters and re-use them in the beginning of the classic iwd, I think, however that will make the game too easy. Lvl 9 characters should not tackle lowly goblins and orcs. You may enable the fearsome HoF mode to make it interesting if you opt to do that. Yeah iwd is crazy like that.